✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Same Power by Jeremy Camp.
I hadn't heard this song prior to Hurricane Matthew threatening this past week (October 2016). A little back story...I went through Hurricane Andrew August 1992 and lost virtually everything but my service dog puppy, my convertible (the garage roof went and the ceiling fell complete with insulation and surrounded the car protecting it), and my life. I wasn't planning on going through it, and I wasn't supposed to go through it but evacuate.
Anyway, here I was trapped with Matthew turning and my being in a Hurricane Warning! I wasn't ever going to be in this position again, but here I was. My brother in the NE called every so often. Just after the warning was given (meaning you will get hurricane force winds within 36 hours...and this hurricane was a category 4 at the time)... I told him I really needed the storm to move east, for it to speed up and for the pressure to rise denoting a decrease in strength. He told me what I knew to be true: the high pressure sitting east of the storm was too strong to move to let Matthew move. I then said well GOD can move it! After the call I was asking God to do just that. He told me YOU tell it to do that. HUH? Okay.... and I did... in the power of Jesus' authority I told the storm to do what I wanted. God reminded me of His Word saying if we had faith we could move mountains into the sea. The storm was already there I wanted it to move over! WITHIN THE HOUR the next update on the storm showed it had jogged east and perhaps caught into the gulf stream and had sped up from 11 to 14 mph (from 8 coming out of Haiti) and the pressure had risen from 935 to 940...and had been downgraded. Talk about praising God for His goodness! I was. My brother called back ... heheheh I told him.
The next day I found this song. I play it as often as I can now... we need GOD'S power to get through these last days of battling the darkness of this world. May it give you strength as it does me.

I can see waters ragin' at my feet
I can feel the breath of those surroundin' me
I can hear the sound of nations risin' up
We will not be over taken, we will not be overcome
I can walk down this dark & painful road
I can face every fear of the unknown
I can hear all God's children singin' out
We will not be overtaken, we will not be overcome!
[Chorus]
The same power that rose Jesus from the grave
The same power that commands the dead to wake
Lives in us, lives in us
The same power that moves mountains when He speaks
The same power that can calm a ragin' sea
Lives in us, lives in us, He lives in us, lives in us!
[Verse 2]
We have hope, that His promises are true
In His strength, there is nothin' we can't do
Yes, we know, there are greater things in store
[Chorus]
[Bridge]
Greater is He that is livin' in me
He's conquered our enemy
No power of darkness
No weapon prevails, we stand here in victory
[Chorus]

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Same Power by Jeremy Camp.
I hadn't heard this song prior to Hurricane Matthew threatening this past week (October 2016). A little back story...I went through Hurricane Andrew August 1992 and lost virtually everything but my service dog puppy, my convertible (the garage roof went and the ceiling fell complete with insulation and surrounded the car protecting it), and my life. I wasn't planning on going through it, and I wasn't supposed to go through it but evacuate.
Anyway, here I was trapped with Matthew turning and my being in a Hurricane Warning! I wasn't ever going to be in this position again, but here I was. My brother in the NE called every so often. Just after the warning was given (meaning you will get hurricane force winds within 36 hours...and this hurricane was a category 4 at the time)... I told him I really needed the storm to move east, for it to speed up and for the pressure to rise denoting a decrease in strength. He told me what I knew to be true: the high pressure sitting east of the storm was too strong to move to let Matthew move. I then said well GOD can move it! After the call I was asking God to do just that. He told me YOU tell it to do that. HUH? Okay.... and I did... in the power of Jesus' authority I told the storm to do what I wanted. God reminded me of His Word saying if we had faith we could move mountains into the sea. The storm was already there I wanted it to move over! WITHIN THE HOUR the next update on the storm showed it had jogged east and perhaps caught into the gulf stream and had sped up from 11 to 14 mph (from 8 coming out of Haiti) and the pressure had risen from 935 to 940...and had been downgraded. Talk about praising God for His goodness! I was. My brother called back ... heheheh I told him.
The next day I found this song. I play it as often as I can now... we need GOD'S power to get through these last days of battling the darkness of this world. May it give you strength as it does me.

I can see waters ragin' at my feet
I can feel the breath of those surroundin' me
I can hear the sound of nations risin' up
We will not be over taken, we will not be overcome
I can walk down this dark & painful road
I can face every fear of the unknown
I can hear all God's children singin' out
[Chorus]
The same power that rose Jesus from the grave
The same power that commands the dead to wake
Lives in us, lives in us
The same power that moves mountains when He speaks
The same power that can calm a ragin' sea
Lives in us, lives in us, He lives in us, lives in us!
[Verse 2]
We have hope, that His promises are true
In His strength, there is nothin' we can't do
Yes, we know, there are greater things in store
[Chorus]
[Bridge]
Greater is He that is livin' in me
He's conquered our enemy
No power of darkness
No weapon prevails, we stand here in victory
[Chorus]

Thank you Drjean for telling us about the awesome power of Jesus; if we will just believe. After going thru all that; you are one brave woman; I would probably be camping out in my brothers back yard! But; if you, your dog and convertible made it; God knew what you needed to survive.:)

So glad He moved the hurricane east; I needed to hear this story; this morning. From over use of my right arm typing and doing things here at CF; my right arm was going numb last night; so had to get away from the PC; and go rest and sleep in the Lord; sometimes it's hard for me to just trust Him; but praise the Lord! :amen:
That song helped; and others it has lead me to already.
Will have to share some of those.:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is one I found after going to the utube page with "Same Power by Jeremy Camp";

God Of War 2- Panam Percy Paul---has a song in this album "Power is the Lord's" And also "soon the war will be over"

and "those who fight on their knees will win the Victory" Powerful!

Upvote 0