• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Samaritan Ministries Vs Medi-Share

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟999,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Personally, I was unaware of the formation of these Christian organizations, but glad they have answered something I have continuously wondered over, why Americans couldn't have an alternative to government mandated healthcare.

Samaritan Ministries Vs Medi-Share: 9 Differences (2019 Easy Win)
I have Florida Blue health insurance. The premiums are over $800 a month. I needed emergency surgery. It cost me over $5,000 for deductibles and maximum out of pocket expenses. I went to an in-network hospital. Florida Blue has a contract with them for discount medical services. They sent me an estimate of what the medical bills would have been if I had no insurance. It was several times more than what Blue Cross and I paid. Medical bills are a leading cause of bankruptcy.

When I am 65 I might get Medicare plus a Medicare Advantage Plan policy to reduce risk of high medical bills.

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been without Medical Insurance for nearly 20 years. I like the concept of these Christian companies, but I don't think it's for me. The majority of Christians eat like the world and a huge % of Christians are overweight and don't exercise, and seem to think it doesn't matter how they take care of their bodies, long as they believe Jesus died for them.

I wouldn't feel right paying the medical bills of people like that.

• Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,256,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I have Florida Blue health insurance. The premiums are over $800 a month. I needed emergency surgery. It cost me over $5,000 for deductibles and maximum out of pocket expenses. I went to an in-network hospital. Florida Blue has a contract with them for discount medical services. They sent me an estimate of what the medical bills would have been if I had no insurance. It was several times more than what Blue Cross and I paid. Medical bills are a leading cause of bankruptcy.

When I am 65 I might get Medicare plus a Medicare Advantage Plan policy to reduce risk of high medical bills.
Just to let you know Medicare and a Medicare Advantage Plan comes out expensive too. The impression is that once you get to Medicare age your costs go way down. They don't. Maybe a little bit only.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just to let you know Medicare and a Medicare Advantage Plan comes out expensive too. The impression is that once you get to Medicare age your costs go way down. They don't. Maybe a little bit only.
If you sign up for an advantage plan within a month of signing up for Medicare at the age of 65, then they do not adjust your monthly premiums for preexisting conditions. How much do you pay?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,256,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
If you sign up for an advantage plan within a month of signing up for Medicare at the age of 65, then they do not adjust your monthly premiums for preexisting conditions.
I signed up right away on day one with the paperwork all ready to go in advance.

Upvote 0