Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟154,229.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We have peppermint and applemint but it has not spread much, maybe becauce it gets cut and does not get to spread its seeds. However the grassclipper takes some of it and it smells better than nettles. I rather have minth than nettles although I use some nettles as spinach. I harvested nettles yesterday. If You dig down a bucket and have a hard net in the bottom and plant your minth in the bucket they will not spread to the rest of the garden.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Last year I had sweet basil mixed in among some of my foliage plants. So it often got watered along with them. I loved the scent of Basil wafting around as I watered everything. :)

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟461,190.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love sage on poultry, and on fresh caught fish (freshwater). Also rosemary rubbed on a whole chicken with it baked into the skin in the oven is wonderful.
If you plant mint in a garden space, it will take over quickly also by putting out roots in all directions.
I have peppermint on the north side of my house and it is quickly spreading throughout the yard. Get a nice whiff of mint when cutting the grass. Sorry mint, you got in the way! :D

Upvote 0