Dec 8, 2007
✟835,155.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
А может быть вам стоит почитать православное понимание Причастия, что именно оно дает? Найдите молитвы из православного молитвенника, которые читают после Причастия и обратите внимание на смысловое их содержание. Ну и поищите православные материалы о том, что дает Причастие. Это тесно связано с обожением, теозис. Вы ведь в Евхаристии становитесь причастником благодати, то что имеет Христос, в Причастии сообщается вам. Только нужно это вместить.

Or maybe you should read the Orthodox understanding of Communion, what exactly does it give? Find prayers from the Orthodox prayer book that are read after Communion and pay attention to their semantic content. Well, look for Orthodox materials about what Communion gives. This is closely related to deification, theosis. After all, in the Eucharist you become a partaker of grace; what Christ has is communicated to you in Communion. You just need to fit it in.

I think the idea of Theosis/Deification more or less align with the western concept of Sanctification.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟835,155.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm not Lutheran, but that is beautifully said. :)
For me, receiving the body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ in my hand/mouth is more impactful for my assurance than just hearing words. There is something about receiving the forgiveness in a Tangible way, that lets me know for sure that His forgiveness is FOR ME. After all, we are physical creatures and physical things impact us.

And besides, our Lord has told us to do this. This is our participation with Him.
We are sensory beings; God has created us that way, and as such he provides means of grace which do provide the sensory stimulation to emphasise the reality of these gifts.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟835,155.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I always thought our walk is by faith (in God's Word) and not by sight (or feelings).
I guess that is the Baptist part of me. lol
Jesus gives us what we need. When Thomas doubted, He encouraged Thomas to touch his hands and his side.

Reactions: sea level
Upvote 0

sea level

Jan 6, 2024
So. Cal
✟12,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are sensory beings; God has created us that way, and as such he provides means of grace which do provide the sensory stimulation to emphasise the reality of these gifts.
Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”
— John 20:29

Upvote 0

sea level

Jan 6, 2024
So. Cal
✟12,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
10 Answer: Fasting and bodily preparation is, indeed, a fine outward training; but he is truly worthy and well prepared who has faith in these words: Given, and shed for you, for the remission of sins.
But he that does not believe these words, or doubts, is unworthy and unfit; for the words For you require altogether believing hearts.
Even in Luther’s Law/Gospel Schemata, we are all unworthy, unfit and guilty under the law, but forgiven under the Gospel.

Upvote 0