vijendrasnv

Aug 28, 2009
✟7,612.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
Thank you very much! The funny thing is, you didn't say anything I really didn't already know, I just needed someone to connect the dots for me I guess. [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Read the Roman Catechism and the Holy Council of Trent they both help. Plus, the Roman Catechism is clearer and more straightforward than the CCC.[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Ja; 'Tis so indeed friend. Would you care to inquire more thereupon, feel free to post a question in the sub-forum of OBOB proper or PM my inbox.

Blessed Trinity bless thee!
-Matthaeus

Upvote 0

Cain Spencer

God save us all.
Mar 15, 2010
London
✟17,543.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm a bit frightened right now.

All my teachers in the faith have always told me that the Church has never changed her docrine; and I do still believe that. But I have a problem. I was talking with some Orthodox about Original Sin and they were of the opinion that the Church believes that all unbaptized persons carry the guilt of Original Sin. This is denied by the CCC (I don't have it with me right now, I'll quote it later), but is affirmed by the Roman Catechism. The Roman Catechism also states emphatically that children who die without baptism cannot obtain salvation, while the CCC acknowledges the possibility of their salvation. I'm a faithful Catholic kid, but I don't know what to do. Any advice?

I am a bit annoyed at you jude child. I know you from CAF, Catholic Answers Forums and I thought you knew better than this. :preach:

Upvote 0

2WhomShallWeGo

May 13, 2010
been in the USA and Canada
✟1,635.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm a bit frightened right now.

All my teachers in the faith have always told me that the Church has never changed her doctrine;

true
She doesn't

What the church says is that the sacraments are the *ordinary* means of our salvation. with out them you are toast, ordinarily.

Ordinarily, but Christ has an infinitude of means by which He may choose to save us. The Church and her sacraments offer us visible signs of this salvation and a treasury of grace. The church herself lists baptism by desire and baptism by blood as means besides baptism by water.

What it comes down to is that Christ is not some Svengally looking to trip us up. Rather He asks us as He asked Peter "Do you love me?" when we reply with yes, He then provides us with means to love him better. those means are accompanied by physical signs, like water and such, that assure our undeveloped faith of His presence, while we grow.

Next time ask a good solid devote Catholic what the church teaches first, or if you can't find one pester me. I've noticed that there are at least a few here who can answer questions on the church competently.

the Catholic Church is not one to tie Christs hands, She is just his most frequently used hands.
JMJ

Upvote 0