Rock and Roll

swingnscream

more music - dance our troubles away
Jan 25, 2004
I roll with the foxes and hunt with the hounds
✟11,702.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
if such things are a sin, than perhaps that's only a God who's looking to condemn and not actually save. I think the tragedy is in labeling everything "clean or unclean" and not allowing ourselves to learn from and enjoy anything but what is approved by other Christians.

Upvote 0

oMissBrittneyo

Jun 18, 2008
✟7,611.00
Faith
Non-Denom
For me is has more to do with the message in the music. If it's demonic or causes me to to want to do something that is contrary to the will of God, I try to not listen to it. What you feed your spirit does have an impact on your behavior, whether you realize it or not. Oh, and that goes for all types of music.

I wouldn't say it's a sin to listen to it, but it just makes your walk easier if you don't. Trust me, I know. I've loooooooooooved rock and roll my entire life. I still do. But I try not to always feed myself it because, just like regular food, it becomes a part of you.

My favorite scripture of our "fruits" or traits that we should be showing as Christians can be found around Galatians 5:22. Above those scriptures, you can find the works of the flesh, which are the opposite of what we should be showing. If the music you decide to listen to doesn't really match up to what you want to be, you may want to consider switching it up.

God Bless & Stay Strong
.MissBrittney.

Upvote 0

Ryan897

Drummer For Thresh-Hold
Jul 6, 2008
pontiac, MI
✟7,763.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
music itslfe is not bad or a sin to hear. its the words if a song is worshiping the devil then its bad. some of the bands you said would prolly be considered bad. but i enjoy them. like some one told me before its music and unless you are easly influenced it shouldent matter its really up to you if you think its bad or not

Upvote 0