Not open for further replies.

Danfrey

Warning -- Anabaptist views
Feb 9, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
✟1,080.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The only reason I have returned to CF is because of this split. I look forward to what this forum can become and hope to play a part in shaping it's future.

As far as getting kicked out goes--I understood when I asked why there wasn't an Anabaptist forum that it was a common question from newcomers to the thread. There are those who prefer a multidenominational setting, but there are threads geared more in that direction. How many places are there that we can openly discuss non-resistance and it's daily application without starting a flame war?

May God bless those who made this decision and those who opposed it.

Blessings All

Reactions: AJ
Upvote 0

Imblessed

Reformed Baptist with a Quaker heritage
Aug 8, 2004
Ohio
✟10,256.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hey, the only reason I'm bummed about the split is because I really enjoyed the different opinions on various topics.

All in all, I think it may end up being a good thing. I think alot more anabaptists just might show up here on CF.....

All I'm hoping is that you guys will accept a person like me coming in and fellowshipping....seeing as how I was Quaker for 32 years and only a Reformed Baptist for 2 years now........ I promise I'll be nice......... ;)

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This was not advocated by any member .
This was a staff decision, so it is unfair to point a finger at someone that had no input into the request or the decision..

How about some Christian Charity folks .

Ahhh! So why did it happen if no one asked for it?
tulc(one of those curious guys) :)

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
watch it tulc, no one wants someone around who uses common sense.........

LOL! I don't think anyone has ever said I had ANY kind of sense let alone common, so Thanks!! I appreciate it! :wave:
tulc(who also was gone for over a week and came back to this) :sigh:

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Imblessed said:
Hey, the only reason I'm bummed about the split is because I really enjoyed the different opinions on various topics.

All in all, I think it may end up being a good thing. I think alot more anabaptists just might show up here on CF.....

All I'm hoping is that you guys will accept a person like me coming in and fellowshipping....seeing as how I was Quaker for 32 years and only a Reformed Baptist for 2 years now........ I promise I'll be nice......... ;)

I was saved/discipled by mennonites, became reformed baptist for 10 years, and returned to the anabaptists though I attend a baptist church now. What a bouncy ride it's been.

Upvote 0

AmishBoy

Jul 30, 2006
Tennessee
✟15,430.00
Faith
Christian
I would just like to throw out my huge support of this forum as their is a large difference between anabaptist and baptist, to me it is like putting the baptist in with the catholic, it just shouldn't be. I dont find this post offensive and am quite happy about this :). btw menno im a baptist looking for an anabaptist or mennonite church lol.~Amishboy

Upvote 0

Danfrey

Feb 9, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
✟1,080.00
Faith
Anabaptist
AmishBoy said:
I would just like to throw out my huge support of this forum as their is a large difference between anabaptist and baptist, to me it is like putting the baptist in with the catholic, it just shouldn't be. I dont find this post offensive and am quite happy about this :). btw menno im a baptist looking for an anabaptist or mennonite church lol.~Amishboy
Amishboy,

Where are you located? There aren't many places in the US without an Anabaptist church near bye.

Upvote 0

theAmishGirl

Caution: This product will argue if aggitated!
Jul 22, 2006
Chattanooga, TN
✟8,019.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Danfrey said:
Amishboy,

Where are you located? There aren't many places in the US without an Anabaptist church near bye.
We live in North East Tennessee part of the year and South East TN the rest of the time- Johnson City and Chattanooga respectfully...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danfrey

Feb 9, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
✟1,080.00
Faith
Anabaptist
theAmishGirl said:
We live in North East Tennessee part of the year and South East TN the rest of the time- Johnson City and Chattanooga respectfully...
Yikes,

Go a little north and you would be in my old Air Force recruiting territory. I became an Anabaptist while an Air Force Recruiter in Pikeville, KY

There is an awesome church in Franklin KY, but that is quite a hike for you.

Here is a link that lists some of the towns with conservative Anabaptist churches around the country.

http://bibleviews.com/mennonitechurch.html

Here is a link to a church locator on Mark Roth's Anabaptist website. We have used this one quite abit on our travels.

http://www.anabaptists.org/clp/locator.html

Christian Light sells a printed church locator that is supposed to be very good as well.

Upvote 0

theAmishGirl

Jul 22, 2006
Chattanooga, TN
✟8,019.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Danfrey said:
Yikes,

Go a little north and you would be in my old Air Force recruiting territory. I became an Anabaptist while an Air Force Recruiter in Pikeville, KY

There is an awesome church in Franklin KY, but that is quite a hike for you.
Just a little bit!! :)

Upvote 0

Danfrey

Feb 9, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
✟1,080.00
Faith
Anabaptist
theAmishGirl said:
Just a little bit!! :)
The church in Franklin was the very first conservative Mennonite church my wife and I walked into. It was a real culture shock, but we loved it. We only attended there twice when we were staying in a hotel in Nashville during the end of my Air Force days. I was released as a contientious objector on 9/24/01

Upvote 0

theAmishGirl

Jul 22, 2006
Chattanooga, TN
✟8,019.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Danfrey said:
The church in Franklin was the very first conservative Mennonite church my wife and I walked into. It was a real culture shock, but we loved it. We only attended there twice when we were staying in a hotel in Nashville during the end of my Air Force days. I was released as a contientious objector on 9/24/01
I've heard about it, but never been there- they are a plain
community correct??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

theAmishGirl

Jul 22, 2006
Chattanooga, TN
✟8,019.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Danfrey said:
Yes,

cap style cover, cape dress - no prints, bearded men, etc.
yeah- i would like to get down there but it is about a 6 hour drive from the north and a 4 hours one from the south... are they welcoming of visitors?

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
seebs said:
Yup.

The person who advocated this called us all heretics, flamed me, and got us moved into a forum that many of us specifically opposed, and which doesn't match any of the proposals we'd expressed real support for.

Then someone else who's called me names shows up to talk about how "we" (meaning, not-him) "finally" have something WE DIDN'T ASK FOR. But which he advocated in support of.

Yeah, I am a tad defensive. But I also stand by my interpretation; in context, it's gloating, and it ain't supportive.

I don't see any point in pretending that this is other than what it was; it was a group of Baptists kicking us out. That, on the whole, we might be happier somewhere where we are welcome does not change the essential fact, which is that of the Anabaptists thus far surveyed, a majority were strongly opposed to this particular split, and no one even waited until a weekday to find out what any other lurking Anabaptists might want.

We were kicked out. Welcome to our shiny new ghetto. Perhaps they will show "mercy" and let us lend money at interest.

I understand how you feel. One of very people who just congratulated us is one of those who insigated this exile. It may not have been gloating on our behalf, but it does seem a little less than gracious.

But I do wonder who they will exile next time there's a big fight over there. We can't be their scapegoats anymore! :clap:

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
seebs said:
I would assume his point is that this is exile.

I had a lot of Baptist friends. I can't go hang out with them any more without getting a flood of spite reports, even if I don't "debate".

Here we are in a forum with maybe seven to ten total users MAXIMUM, and at least three or four of us have no real interest in using it. I would rather fellowship without debating in the Catholic forum, where I'll be exposed to a broader variety of views.

Tell me about it. I got spite reports for something taken totally out of context, then got slammed because the new "interpretation" was reported to be anti-anabaptist! Like I was trying to flame the anabaptists!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.