Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Filed under: Glad he’s okay, but it’s still kinda funny.

Several doctors noticed a dark spot on the younger Mr. Kennedy’s brain scans and concluded that he had a tumor, he said in a 2012 deposition reviewed by The New York Times. Mr. Kennedy was immediately scheduled for a procedure at Duke University Medical Center by the same surgeon who had operated on his uncle, he said.​
While packing for the trip, he said, he received a call from a doctor at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital who had a different opinion: Mr. Kennedy, he believed, had a dead parasite in his head.​
The doctor believed that the abnormality seen on his scans “was caused by a worm that got into my brain and ate a portion of it and then died,” Mr. Kennedy said in the deposition.​

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A while back I saw a video about parasites within the body by drinking dirty water, the tapeworm was over a foot long. How do you not know you have something like this in your body?
Mr. Kennedy was immediately scheduled for a procedure at Duke University Medical Center by the same surgeon who had operated on his uncle, he said.
Man, the doctor must have been OLD.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟566,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
A while back I saw a video about parasites within the body by drinking dirty water, the tapeworm was over a foot long. How do you not know you have something like this in your body?
Tapeworms are pretty skinny and most of the body is fairly elastic to a degree. You've probably got a couple pounds of feces in your colon right now that you don't even notice.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yo bros and sisters, for anyone who is fascinated with science, the pork tapeworm (Taenia solium) is a species of worm that can grown 6 ft (2 m) or more. These worms use pigs as an intermediate host, before moving on to humans as the primary host. Remember folks, cook your food. This is the politics forum, but just had to put some science in here. About RFK, even though I do not like him cos of his conspiracy theories, I do not wish harm upon him.

Yes, this is from Wikipedia, but there is a lot of info about tapeworms (age rating 12+, as the topic is medical): Taenia solium - Wikipedia

• Informative
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tapeworms are pretty skinny and most of the body is fairly elastic to a degree. You've probably got a couple pounds of feces in your colon right now that you don't even notice.
True, because sometimes I barely make it to the bathroom.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I forgot about pork. I cook pork WELL DONE.
Yeah, same here. But even then, I do not like pork that much. Chicken tastes better in my opinion. But, to each his own.

Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟840,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Was it a Russian worm?

RFK Jr’s ‘history lesson’ on Russia’s invasion of Ukraine flunks the fact test

A line-by-line dissection shows he’s often echoing Russian talking points.

A reader asked us to fact-check a four-minute “history lesson” posted by presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. on YouTube. International events — and the causes of war — are often open to interpretation. But Kennedy’s lecture, about how the United States allegedly provoked the Ukraine war, was filled with so much misinformation and Russian talking points that it seems worthy of a detailed look.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟325,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I forgot about pork. I cook pork WELL DONE.
These days, trichinosis in commercially-farmed pork is basically non-existent. Cooking pork to 135-140 (medium to medium-well) is more than sufficient from a food safety perspective, and results in much more palatable food (i.e. not tough and dried out).

The only place it's really a concern anymore is if you're eating wild hog.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Was it a Russian worm?

RFK Jr’s ‘history lesson’ on Russia’s invasion of Ukraine flunks the fact test

A line-by-line dissection shows he’s often echoing Russian talking points.

A reader asked us to fact-check a four-minute “history lesson” posted by presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. on YouTube. International events — and the causes of war — are often open to interpretation. But Kennedy’s lecture, about how the United States allegedly provoked the Ukraine war, was filled with so much misinformation and Russian talking points that it seems worthy of a detailed look.
This is OT and I won't reply but I looked up your article because of the paywall and to my amazement the left and right media have found some common ground. I believe what RFK jr. says about NATO expansion.

Then you have this. "Zelensky admits he sabotaged Minsk peace deal with Russia, West blocked negotiations" I know, I know, Russian Propaganda. Peace out

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟325,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To add to my previous post, here's a discussion (and recipe) from a chef on the topic: Perfect Pan-Seared Pork Chops Recipe
Man, those pork chops look good!
"Above 140°F things start to go south pretty fast. Muscle fibrils tense up very tight, expelling internal moisture in copious amounts—a chop can lose up to 30% of its moisture when cooked to 150°F or higher. Here be dragons. You want to stay away."

I like my pork to come out like jerky and my (edit: wife doesn't.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

T.i.m.o.t.h.y.

Mar 7, 2024
Indiana
✟12,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yo bros and sisters, for anyone who is fascinated with science, the pork tapeworm (Taenia solium) is a species of worm that can grown 6 ft (2 m) or more. These worms use pigs as an intermediate host, before moving on to humans as the primary host. Remember folks, cook your food. This is the politics forum, but just had to put some science in here. About RFK, even though I do not like him cos of his conspiracy theories, I do not wish harm upon him.

Yes, this is from Wikipedia, but there is a lot of info about tapeworms (age rating 12+, as the topic is medical): Taenia solium - Wikipedia
When I first heard that pork = pigs = worms.. I called it hogwash. But then when I took a good look at a leg of pork and saw tiny little squiggly wormies.. I decided I'd never eat that again. I've gone to processed deli ham instead. Clearly it's a lot safer.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

T.i.m.o.t.h.y.

Mar 7, 2024
Indiana
✟12,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To add to my previous post, here's a discussion (and recipe) from a chef on the topic: Perfect Pan-Seared Pork Chops Recipe
Everythings better with it slow cooked, drowned in pineapple juice for the first hour, then juice dumped and drown that pork in red juice for the second hour. Then drain out the juice and stab the pork with a lot of those clover darts. Okay, if you want to float the pork in the juice, do it then. Serve with side dishes of marshmallowed sweet potatoe, white mashed potatoe, baked creamed corn, and baked mac & (colby)cheese. For desert: favorite ice cream in cone. And side, side desert: marshmallow cones. What?.. nourishing foods?.. what's that?

Upvote 0