Returning to this forum after 3 years. Ask me anything!

Sapphire Dragon

Truly Loved... as are you.
Sep 28, 2008
On a planet that needs healing.
Visit site
✟10,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
Well, I guess that would depend on the legislation for me. If gay marriages and abortions were both legal, and he/she wanted to outlaw both, I'd be for outlawing abortion (as it is murder) but not gay marriages (that is personal sin, and as such a choice). Everyone has free will and should be allowed to either follow Christ or not follow Christ, as long as others' lives and freedoms are protected. Free will aligns with the Bible, but forcing Christian values on others who are not interested does not, so I meant that more along those lines.

Honestly, the only thing I will actually take off and put on again is a long sleeved night sweater-like jacket for if it gets cold in my room at night. I just say sweater like because it's a thin, soft jacket so it wears like a sweater. XD

Upvote 0

TheProject

If it lives in water, I don't eat it...
Oct 11, 2011
GA
✟25,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess it boils down to personal choice for me. If a person is forced into a certain behavior by laws instead of belief, is any good really being done by that? Based on what you wrote, I think we're on a similar page.

What was your least favorite class in high school?

Upvote 0

Sapphire Dragon

Sep 28, 2008
Visit site
✟10,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
Yeah, I think so too. :p

Least favorite class was math. Right now it's a class I don't mind, as I've gotten a good teacher who explains everything clearly in a way I can understand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sapphire Dragon

Sep 28, 2008
Visit site
✟10,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
No problems on that question. :p I think it is very justified, but at the same time, my answer is somewhat threefold.

One, I love that this is an opportunity for the Christian community to come together in the support of biblical marriage. There have been so many attacks on it from LGBT commmunities and it's nice to see an outpouring of Christians coming together to protect it.

Two, I don't particularly like that Chik-Fil-A only helps the people it is not feeding. What I mean by that is that though they do community outreaches, their foods are not healthful, as fried chicken is not healthy and their bread has both high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) and monosodium glutamate (MSG) in it (HFCS has traces of mercury due to processing and both mercury and MSG are neurotoxins, I've done lots of research). Their bread also has TBHQ, along with soy lecthin (MSG by another name) and their pickles contain artificial colors, and there's countless other things. They also use "highly refined" peanut oil and I'm not that much a fan of anything "highly refined." On top of all of that, I personally am avoiding meats other than fish in my diet. By technicalities, I could get one of their salads, but more than likely their produce was genetically modified to repel pests, and I'm avoiding GMO foods wherever I can. I only assume this because it's plain sight to me through the information I do have on their food ingredients that they are not a place that puts thought into truly healthful foods.

Here's the ingredients list for their Classic sandwich, with just their fried chicken and pickles on a bun:
Chicken (100% natural whole breast filet, seasoning [salt, monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika], seasoned coater [enriched bleached flour {bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid}, sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk, leavening {baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate}, spice, soybean oil, color {paprika}], milk wash [water, whole powdered egg and nonfat milk solids], peanut oil [fully refined peanut oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness and dimethylpolysiloxane an anti-foaming agent added]), bun (enriched flour [wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate {Vitamin B1}, riboflavin {Vitamin B2}, folic acid], water, high fructose corn syrup, yeast, contains 2% or less of each of the following: liquid yeast, soybean oil, nonfat milk, salt, wheat gluten, soy flour, dough conditioners [may contain one or more of the following: mono- and diglycerides, calcium and sodium stearoyl lactylates, calcium peroxide], soy flour, amylase, yeast nutrients [monocalcium phosphate, calcium sulfate, ammonium sulfate], calcium propionate added to [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] spoilage, soy lecithin, cornstarch, butter oil [soybean oil, palm kernel oil, soy lecithin, natural and artificial flavor, TBHQ and citric acid added as preservatives, and artificial color]), pickle (cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, lactic acid, calcium chloride, alum, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate [preservatives], natural flavors, polysorbate 80, yellow 5, blue 1).
Edit: Not sure what it was that the word filter caught, but you can find the original list here: http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Food/Menu-Detail/ChickfilA-Chicken-Sandwich

Three, this picture basically describes my third response:
30675140299600351342545.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheProject

Oct 11, 2011
GA
✟25,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think that's a fair response, though I will say that most fast-food restaurants are guilty of using the same ingredients as Chick-Fil-A (I would assume this, not proof). I myself try to avoid fast-food if I can.

As for that picture, I found an extremely good article that really rebutted that by showing how active people of Faith are in donations to charities and reaching out via soup-kitchens and such....of course, I can't find it now (and I've spent about 10 minutes looking b/c it was a very good article). Oh well...

What is a habit you have that you would like to break?

Upvote 0

Sapphire Dragon

Sep 28, 2008
Visit site
✟10,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
Yeah, it's definitely true on fast food places. Chick Fil A being Christian should probably be a cut above that, though, but at least they do what they can.

And I trust you found a really good article, so I take back my third point on that. I feel like that picture was made from a non believer so it would make sense that they didn't see it, but it made a lot of sense to me at the time.

I have a habit of keeping too much stuff, but I do take out what I don't need and give it away or recycle it. What I wish I could have is an easier way to store things that are breakable without the padding or the boxes taking up so much space. Just wish I could minimize the space that the things I have take up in my closet...

Upvote 0

TheProject

Oct 11, 2011
GA
✟25,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure you should completely take back your point, but I would say it's unfair to paint Christians as a whole that way (which I know isn't what you were doing). The fact is, there are many people out there proclaiming to be Christian that should take a long, hard look at that picture and give it some thought.

Still annoyed I couldn't find that article I read though. Lol

What is a something that you would like to turn into a habit?

Upvote 0

Sapphire Dragon

Sep 28, 2008
Visit site
✟10,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
I understand- that's very, very true. It makes a lot of sense.

And lol, I know how that feels. There was an amazing article on the dangers of microwaving that I still cannot find to this day. It was probably taken down because it was so good.

I would like to make it a habit to appreciate those around me more than I do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.