Requesting absolution

DancesWithGnostics

Feb 26, 2014
✟15,263.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
I don't know any Chaplains except Chaplain Steve - with whom I think I have a good rapport even though I am hardcore Arminian and Chaplain Steve is

a C...

a Cal...

(I can't say it)

I request absolution - I am a radical women's basketball fan - Baylor Lady Bears specifically - I could say the referees cheated us out of it last night, but the plain truth is -- Notre Dame gals whupped us.

During last night's game, I made several unChristian comments - yelling at the TV screen -- about Notre Dame's 6'3" Natalie Achonwa -- who was guarding our 5'11" super-freshman Nina Davis and pretty much shuttin her down...

I was also emailing a friend and made some unChristian comments about Achonwa -- even allusions to her being a "muscular freak" and even some tasteless comments which cast aspersions on Achonwa's orientation...

this was just fury and frustration because my Baylor gals were being knocked out of the tournament

Achonwa went down with a horrible knee injury with 5 minutes left

I want to take back all the bad stuff I said about her

an MRI has revealed the worst -- it's a torn ACL - she cannot play against Maryland and then UConn in the finals - I would not have wished this on any athlete

she was just doing her job against our 5'11" freshman -- she was just too big for our freshman -- who had made Freshman of the Year in the Big 12 Conference

I do earnestly repent -- and am heartily sorry - for these my manifold sins and wickedness against this Notre Dame player - who I hope gets drafted high and goes on into the WNBA like our Baylor Senior Odyssey Sims

(but I still hope Sims wins the Wade Trophy)

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Indeed, watching ones favorite team in a tight game is a test of sanctification. I do sense a repentant heart. So I am confident that there is absolution.

I do note that today being the first day of the 4th month that you might be lamenting with your tongue touching your inner cheek.

I am a *avert your eyes* Calvinist *resume reading* so the perception is that I do not have a sense of humor. However, your penance is to get a color tattoo of this man on your upper right forearm.

216485.jpg

Chaplains David and Patrick are much tougher, so watch it from now on.

Chaplain Steve, in your service

Upvote 0

DancesWithGnostics

Feb 26, 2014
✟15,263.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
a color tattoo - wow

No - April fool's day had nothing to do with it

I just feel really bad for Achonwa and am sorry I bad-mouthed her

it was a really wicked injury - not running into another player - but falling against the frame-work that holds up the basket - knee against metal

Many people have had one ACL tear put them out of sports for good

RG3 came back from one his sophomore year at Baylor and later won Heisman Trophy -- only to tear the same ACL in second year with Redskins - and I don't know if even he can come back and ever be the same

I will take the tattoo under advisement and will watch out for these tough chaplains

I will pray for Natalie that she recovers from this and goes on to WNBA

Notre Dame MIGHT beat Maryland without her -- but not UConn

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You wrote, "I am a *avert your eyes* Calvinist *resume reading* so the perception is that I do ..."

To me, this is an example of classy writing, in any context; it makes me want to hurry to read what is next. I appreciate knowing about a technique like this.

Upvote 0