Brandon29501

Dec 4, 2016
United States
✟8,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am 35 years old and was raised in church. My father is a Pentecostal pastor as well as both grandfathers. God is no new concept to me. About two years ago I found myself angry with God. I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for almost 3 years. We were living together and all was well. The problem is that all was not well. I had decided that God just didn't exist. Deep down I knew it wasn't true but I wrestled with it everyday. It made me arrogant and angry with the whole world. Soon enough it began to take its toll. Two weeks ago my girlfriend broke up with me. At first I was just angry, as usual. Then as I sat wondering how she could reject me knowing that I love her and I had done so much for her, I heard that small voice. The same way you've done it to me. Immediately I collapsed on the floor and made my peace with God. Arrogance and anger replaced with shame and regret but God wasn't done yet. For the first time in my life I finally grasped Gods unconditional love for me. I was raised to strive to be perfect and if you sin you'd better stop what you're doing and beg for forgiveness or you're going to hell. I finally understood that he loved me as is. No qualifying conditions necessary. Now I know what it is to be loved and how to love much deeper.

Bat Melek

Sep 10, 2016
Delaware
✟16,312.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I am 35 years old and was raised in church. My father is a Pentecostal pastor as well as both grandfathers. God is no new concept to me. About two years ago I found myself angry with God.
Many people have been frustrated with God especially when life doesn't go the way they want it to, thinking it's God's fault when usually it's our choices, or our reactions to life issues that caused the situation to happen.
I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for almost 3 years. We were living together and all was well. The problem is that all was not well. I had decided that God just didn't exist. Deep down I knew it wasn't true but I wrestled with it everyday. It made me arrogant and angry with the whole world. Soon enough it began to take its toll. Two weeks ago my girlfriend broke up with me. At first I was just angry, as usual. Then as I sat wondering how she could reject me knowing that I love her and I had done so much for her, I heard that small voice. The same way you've done it to me. Immediately I collapsed on the floor and made my peace with God. Arrogance and anger replaced with shame and regret but God wasn't done yet. For the first time in my life I finally grasped Gods unconditional love for me. I was raised to strive to be perfect and if you sin you'd better stop what you're doing and beg for forgiveness or you're going to hell. I finally understood that he loved me as is. No qualifying conditions necessary. Now I know what it is to be loved and how to love much deeper.
Glad you listened to the small voice of the Lord that confirmed He loved you (He's been loving you all this time but sometimes we just don't listen to Him) & you made peace in your heart with God, restored into right relationship with Him now. Continue to spend time each day with the Lord and pray for direction what God wants you to do regarding the relationship with your girl friend, follow what the Lord tells you.

Upvote 0

daniel1990

Oct 31, 2016
Kenya
✟16,035.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The most important thing is that you actually retracted your step earlier enough to have avoided deep sink_the damage control was effect because God loves you and chastises those he loves. Philosophy push us to foolishly question or been doubtful, sometime about His existence. He is very much real and potent, only if you can make yourself available a vessel unto His uses.

Keep strong! In the face of trial and tribulation, hold on! You will triumph as you had.

Bless you.

Upvote 0

muchado

Jan 31, 2006
✟10,655.00
Faith
Christian
Immediately I collapsed on the floor and made my peace with God. Arrogance and anger replaced with shame and regret but God wasn't done yet. For the first time in my life I finally grasped Gods unconditional love for me. I was raised to strive to be perfect and if you sin you'd better stop what you're doing and beg for forgiveness or you're going to hell. I finally understood that he loved me as is. No qualifying conditions necessary. Now I know what it is to be loved and how to love much deeper.
Hi Brandon,

So glad to hear that you have heard God calling you back to himself.

From what you wrote, the missing piece before was that you were not told (or didn't hear) that stopping sinning and repentance were part of a return to a loving God in the person of Jesus. I am reminded of the story of the woman caught in adultery (John 8:1-11), where Jesus says to the repentant woman who had stayed for Jesus' judgment, "then neither do I condemn you. Go now and leave your life of sin." And the second part is important. After Jesus healed the paralytic at the pool of Bethesda (John 5:1-15), Jesus seeks him out and warns him to stop sinning, or something worse may happen.

This requires a change of heart (rebirth, John 3:5), a change of direction, and a desire to obey Jesus' commands (John 14:15), because they are for our good. Then, if you are heading the right way, don't waste time on the stumbles - pick yourself up, confess, and walk on with our Lord, who loves us so much.

Peace.

PS Don't forget to dig into the word (2 Timothy 3:16). God has so much more for you.

Upvote 0

ljglazner

Lawrence
Aug 22, 2012
Oregon Coast
✟16,387.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am 35 years old and was raised in church. My father is a Pentecostal pastor as well as both grandfathers. God is no new concept to me. About two years ago I found myself angry with God. I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for almost 3 years. We were living together and all was well. The problem is that all was not well. I had decided that God just didn't exist. Deep down I knew it wasn't true but I wrestled with it everyday. It made me arrogant and angry with the whole world. Soon enough it began to take its toll. Two weeks ago my girlfriend broke up with me. At first I was just angry, as usual. Then as I sat wondering how she could reject me knowing that I love her and I had done so much for her, I heard that small voice. The same way you've done it to me. Immediately I collapsed on the floor and made my peace with God. Arrogance and anger replaced with shame and regret but God wasn't done yet. For the first time in my life I finally grasped Gods unconditional love for me. I was raised to strive to be perfect and if you sin you'd better stop what you're doing and beg for forgiveness or you're going to hell. I finally understood that he loved me as is. No qualifying conditions necessary. Now I know what it is to be loved and how to love much deeper.
Inspiring story! Thanks for sharing it. So many atheists I have spoken with have had that same false concept - that they had to be perfect or God would hate them and punish them and even send them to hell. One asked, "What kind of father would do that to their own children??" I answered, "A very bad father," and God is NOT a very bad father. He does take you to the woodshed sometimes, but he explains in 1 Corinthians 11 that this is to SAVE you, not to destroy you. I am glad you can now see His great love for his children. That is awesome!!

Upvote 0