✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Easy G (G²);56049214 said:
Honestly, I do wonder many times how often it seems that the entire concept of Democrats vs Republicans is really an illusion..with both sides played against one another by others in the shadows who could care less.

Oh I don't think the shadows could care less. Thier goal is propaganda to sway the public they way they want them. All the more reason we need to be mindful of Christ in how we interact with politics.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh I don't think the shadows could care less. Thier goal is propaganda to sway the public they way they want them. All the more reason we need to be mindful of Christ in how we interact with politics.
By no means did I mean to convey in my comment that those in the shadows are not concerned when I said they could care less. ..and concerning grammer, I should've said "they couldn't care less..."

What I meant was that they are not really concerned whether its the Republicans or the Democrats who are the ones who win---as they're about who gets to profit ultimately, with both sides played against one another even though the irony is that the Left and the Right are both wings on the same bird of prey

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Easy G (G²);56052895 said:
By no means did I mean to convey in my comment that those in the shadows are not concerned when I said they could care less. ..and concerning grammer, I should've said "they couldn't care less..."

What I meant was that they are not really concerned whether its the Republicans or the Democrats who are the ones who win---as they're about who gets to profit ultimately, with both sides played against one another even though the irony is that the Left and the Right are both wings on the same bird of prey

I think we meant essentially the same thing. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think we meant essentially the same thing. :sorry:
More than understand.

Personally, I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist on some things. Some of it reminds of the Clone Wars from Starwars where both the Confederacy and the Republic were being played against one another by others for a bigger issue that neither was aware of---though both sides felt they were fully in control. For more info, one can investigate Episode II: Art Imitates Life

For other articles I reviewed earlier this year that made me really reconsider some things:

One video I'm reminded of:

And for others,

Upvote 0

holyorders

Miserable Pile of Secrets
Aug 27, 2004
✟3,631.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/05/06/archbishop-wuerl-why-i-won-t-deny-pelosi-communion/
Not bad. Sometimes Holy Communion is given in cases of possession. j/k

Bad teachers are bad teachers my man. Read the epistle of 2John on Bad teachers.
2john ch1:

9 Anyone who is so "progressive" 7 as not to remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God; whoever remains in the teaching has the Father and the Son.
8 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him in your house or even greet him;
for whoever greets him shares in his evil works.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,132,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
For bishops, "there are two different approaches'' to bring Catholic politicians in line with Church teaching. "One is the pastoral, teaching mode, and the other is the canonical approach'' – the legal approach, in other words. He doesn't think it's a very close call: "I have yet to see where the canonical approach has changed anyone's heart.''

And obviously, Pope Benedict, by appointing two American Cardinals--one pastoral, and one canonical--is indicating that either approach is acceptable.

We might note that in his own personal style since becoming Pope, Pope Benedict has favored Wuerl's pastoral approach over Burke's canonical one.

Upvote 0