Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, I'm not sure I know what that means... I just wanted to know if it wasn't an invite only sort of a thing among friends.

Threads with [OPEN] in the title are open to non-Christians as well as Christians.

It is certainly NOT invite-only. I'm hoping that we can get a lot of folks together -- the more the merrier! I'm especially hoping that we will gather people from various Christian traditions together, since these are faith resources we can all share and enjoy together.

All are welcome.

Upvote 0

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟38,913.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Sorry, I'm not sure I know what that means... I just wanted to know if it wasn't an invite only sort of a thing among friends.

A thread is [OPEN] when it is open also to not-christians, even if it is a christian-only forum (see rule 1.3).

Sorry, that is what I understood of your previous post, because it is obvious that you, and any other christian who like the ECFs, are warmly wellcomed to partecipate to the reading-thread

Upvote 0

Sojourner<><

Incoherent Freedom Fighter
Mar 23, 2005
✟16,885.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Threads with [OPEN] in the title are open to non-Christians as well as Christians.

It is certainly NOT invite-only. I'm hoping that we can get a lot of folks together -- the more the merrier! I'm especially hoping that we will gather people from various Christian traditions together, since these are faith resources we can all share and enjoy together.

All are welcome.

Great :thumbsup: sounds like fun

Upvote 0
C

CalmInTheStorm

I am in, and I will be talking to a couple people from my church about joining up, this is way exciting for me... guess I have to go find this book before saturday, so I can read the first two parts before Monday... I have a meeting Monday night, so expect replies on part one to come on Tuesday from me... but I know nothing of our founding fathers, so my comments are most likely to be in the form of questions. You guys rock, and I can't wait to start the group.

Blessings
-Chris

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am in, and I will be talking to a couple people from my church about joining up, this is way exciting for me... guess I have to go find this book before saturday, so I can read the first two parts before Monday... I have a meeting Monday night, so expect replies on part one to come on Tuesday from me... but I know nothing of our founding fathers, so my comments are most likely to be in the form of questions. You guys rock, and I can't wait to start the group.

Blessings
-Chris

There's a link in my signature to a free online copy at a great resource site.

I imagine we'll all be asking a lot of questions -- at least, that's what should make for good discussion!

Is this the thread we are going to be talking about the book on, or are you creating a new thread, I just want to make sure I subscribe to it, to get the e-mail notification. Thx!

Blessings
-Chris

I will link to the thread from here, so being subscribed to this thread, you'll know about it.

And then every week I'll link the new thread from the previous one.

:wave:

Upvote 0

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟38,913.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

eccl12.13

Feb 15, 2005
at my computer
Visit site
✟7,846.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hey, i would like to join this reading/discussion group. i have never read theological works of any sort before so am glad that the consensus is to start with something good for "beginners". i am looking forward to getting my toes wet in this area of christianity.

also, question: are we supposed to have read the first two chapters or the first two sections of chapter one? Like, each chapter is divided into § 1, § 2, etc. Please advise so i read the right parts.

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hey, i would like to join this reading/discussion group. i have never read theological works of any sort before so am glad that the consensus is to start with something good for "beginners". i am looking forward to getting my toes wet in this area of christianity.

also, question: are we supposed to have read the first two chapters or the first two sections of chapter one? Like, each chapter is divided into § 1, § 2, etc. Please advise so i read the right parts.

I'm glad you're joining us! :clap:

I haven't read Athanasius before, so I'm looking forward to expanding my horizons. I think we'll have people with all different levels of experience in theological study, and we'll all need to help each other out. :)

About chapters: Yes. If you follow the link in my signature, one chapter will come up as a single page, divided into different sections. Then the next page has chapter two. After the first week, we'll talk about whether or not that is a good amount to read and discuss weekly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sojourner<><

Incoherent Freedom Fighter
Mar 23, 2005
✟16,885.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's the plan, isn't it? :confused:

Well, that's what I thought... A_ntv just mentioned something about reading only two sections, which, according to the link he provided, is the first five paragraphs of chapter 1.

Upvote 0