R u doing anything special for Christmas Day or New Years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountryLady

Oct 24, 2005
✟18,869.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was wondering if anyone had anything planned special for Christmas Day or New Years Day?

My son and I are planning a face off at video games, since he picked out a new t.v. and gamecube and games for Christmas. Haven't decided about New Year's Day yet. Altho my son has already planned our summer vacation, seems we're going to the smokey mountain's, we've never been. We live on the other end of Tennessee in the flat land. :)

Manna

Jul 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
✟6,265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Same ol' same ol' here. I'm looking forward to Christmas morning...Brea's older this year, so she'll have a lot more fun!

New Year's Eve is HUGE in my family. Celebrating it big was always a tradition for my mom while she was growing up, and she's definitely passed that onto us! Everyone and their brother is invited over to our home, and TONS of food is set out for us to munch on all night. It's a blast!

Upvote 0

Hisbygrace

Carried On The Wings Of An Eagle
Sep 22, 2004
California
✟158,418.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Democrat
I am going back home to spend Christmas with my son and his family.
I haven't seen them since July, so I'm really getting excited about going
home. New Years I will be in Michigan with my son in laws family.
If you think about it please pray for traveling mercies for us. We will be
leaving here on Dec. 17th.

Upvote 0

robert adams

Jul 10, 2005
Houston
✟1,298.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
3 of my 4 sons and families will get together here in Houston. The conversation always gets around to a mythical "dumpster mummy" they invented and told the little kids in the neighborhood that it lived in the dumpster in the alley. The kids, whose families lived in the area, would not take family garbage to the dumpster for a long time because they were fearful of the d.m.

Who knows where #2 son - the cocaine addict - will be.

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

I have my daughter and family coming up next Friday, but as for Christmas Day, I am not interested. These days, Christmas only brings back sad memories for me and there's nobody who has the power to stop them. Only God can do that. I'll be honest and state that these days, I dislike Christmas.
Last Christmas was bummed out too. Absolutely. As was the Christmas before, and the Christmas before. It means nothing to me anymore.

Upvote 0

robert adams

Jul 10, 2005
Houston
✟1,298.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Another favorite family tradition is to soak the food off of my ties and make Christmas soup. It has not caught on as well as other traditions. One problem is that if you have cheap ties, the color will run. If you use red ties, your soup will turn out a nice Christmasy red. Serve with green celery stalks or green olives for that unforgettable Christmas lunch.

Yes, I am seeking counseling!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Bevlina

robert adams said:
Another favorite family tradition is to soak the food off of my ties and make Christmas soup. It has not caught on as well as other traditions. One problem is that if you have cheap ties, the color will run. If you use red ties, your soup will turn out a nice Christmasy red. Serve with green celery stalks or green olives for that unforgettable Christmas lunch.

Yes, I am seeking counseling!
Rob ... keep seeking Counceling... ^_^
ROFL!! Silly lad you are!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.