Mar 5, 2012
Hope Mills, Nc
Visit site
✟7,612.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am new to the forums, but I am seeking some advice so here goes! I am married, but my husband does not have a close relationship with Christ. I have faith that God is working in him, so I will continue to pray. However, we have different opinions on some fundamental things, like allowing God to determine the number of children we have. I am struggling with the balance between submitting to my husband and trying to figure out what God wants from me. I feel convicted to let God determine the number of children I have, but if my husband doesn't agree, where does that lead me? Has anyone else been in this situation?

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟971,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
During our fertile years, my wife (a Christian) had waffled on where she stood on QF. IMHO, we cannot make that decision for our spouses to place their gametes on God's altar (Romans 12:1), only to place our own there.

Non-abortive contraception, while less than ideal, is not a spelled-out sin. My one caveat, during my wife's indecision, was that I would not knowingly participate in any plan that was abortive, or could be.

BTW, besides being semi-abortifacient, long-term use of hormonal birth control is just, generally, not good for a woman's health to begin with.

Upvote 0