Katybug12

Jan 11, 2017
Cibolo, tx
✟15,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi, DH and I are a late in life quiverfully convicted family. We have 3 children, ages 16, 13, and 7. I have always wanted a big family, but never understood why until I discovered God's calling for me to trust him with our family size. It took DH an even longer time to feel convicted than I, but God is good and worked on his heart! 3 years ago, we gave our fertility to God, and have been praying and patiently waiting to be blessed with another little one. Although no baby yet due to male secondary infertility, I feel as though we are right where God wants us. It can be tough at times, and I sometimes feel as though we are alone in our quiverfull journey due to a lack of support for this conviction in our community. Looking for families to connect and pray with in the San Antonio, Texas area. Any positive advice and prayers are helpful. Thanks

• Winner
Reactions: Willie T

Mark_CB

Jul 19, 2018
Austin
✟18,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hi Katy! I'm a male in my twenties, single and unmarried. I too and am looking for more information on the Quiverful church. I'm in Austin TX, which certainly isn't too far away from San Antonio. Have you had any luck since this post in finding local members of the community? I'd appreciate it if any members of the church could point me in the right direction. Or anyone who has more information on this movement please contact me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟967,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So many of us have been at odds with our churches on this. I even had one pastor who lightly mocked us for our position that turned around and prophesied that God wanted to give us more children...! It is an independent conviction that cannot be driven externally.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟967,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Forums and on-line resources mostly.

We have a Vineyard background. I have met Messianics, Baptists, SDAs and a Unitarian, to name a few. Our church neither opposes nor promotes it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟967,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How does one find those who feel this same way then?
Also, look for someone who regularly defers to God in all of her (other) life choices.* She may or may not have considered that part, yet, but she'll be the closest to agreeing with that.

(Some of this forum's previous posters have been single women who have arrived at the same conclusion. It is us guys that seem to be in the minority.)

*This would include the spiritual condition of the man that she should marry. Restated, the values system that would make a woman Quiverfull is the same values system that would make her discriminating in marriage. She expects her husband to be on the same page about yielding his life before God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟967,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It just would be nice to have a larger family.
QF doesn't guarantee a larger family, just a more complete one (barring unforeseen health complications).

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟967,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also, Christian women are admonished in the Bible to seek out Christian husbands. You gave your spiritual position as "Seeker." Your chances of winning the heart of such are greatly diminished while your Christianity remains to be established.

@Mark_CB , have you ever considered the importance of what Jesus offers you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's interesting that dispensationally Israel is regarded as God's earthly people; the idea of a 'name in Israel' which occurs in the Old Testament would thus probably be associated with the idea of large families. I'm not sure how far the church (rather than Israel) can really have this imposed as an obligation, though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟967,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure how far the church (rather than Israel) can really have this imposed as an obligation, though.
There are plenty of Scriptures that encourage that choice, but I've only ever seen it initiated by an internal conviction.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are plenty of Scriptures that encourage that choice, but I've only ever seen it initiated by an internal conviction.
I think that Scriptures that would be used to try to prove this would be Old Testament ones, that would particularly relate to Israel; as a dispensationalist I don't see the church in the Old Testament. Really the matter of how frequently to use birth control or not (if I can even use that term) would seem to be a matter of individual conviction.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟967,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Really the matter of how frequently to use birth control or not (if I can even use that term) would seem to be a matter of individual conviction.
Agreed, but the purpose of this sub-forum is for couples who have voluntarily forsaken contraception, generally, as a lifestyle and dealing with the subsequent changes that arise from that new paradigm. No one here expects others to adopt that position under any sort of compulsion.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agreed, but the purpose of this sub-forum is for couples who have voluntarily forsaken contraception, generally, as a lifestyle and dealing with the subsequent changes that arise from that new paradigm. No one here expects others to adopt that position under any sort of compulsion.
Oh I understand that; I was looking at it from more the exegetical/dispensational aspect, I guess, which seems more to relate to Israel in the Old Testament.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟967,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where would I find them online?
This sub-forum used to be pretty active. Quiverfull isn't a strong presence on-line because its adherents have their hands full, too.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟967,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi, Does that mean ur too busy to talk...?
No. I'm certainly willing to share my experiences. (Since I am mildly autistic, I didn't realize that is what you were driving at.)

I'm getting ready to go to bed, right now, though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0