Quebec
✟13,061.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I used to go to a catholic church and no they do not. in Quebec where I live they ask for an optional yearly contribution the amout suggested yearly is 150 dollars.. If they came to me for payment I would leave any church who does this. Personally I prefer to give to charities.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Do your church keep track of which months you did not tithe and come to you some time later for payment?
I do not tell anyone how much I give. Do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.

Upvote 0

lanceleo

Apr 18, 2018
✟46,116.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not tell anyone how much I give. Do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.
This is not about telling anyone how much you give but does your church keep track of your payments?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
This is not about telling anyone how much you give but does your church keep track of your payments?
That would be impossible for them to keep track. I just put money in the collection plate. It is none of their business. Jesus tells us that our giving should be in secret. My brother had an issue like this in his church. He said he should not have to pay the full 10% because he was teaching at the church so they accepted that. He was a doctor though so maybe he gave a substantial amount compared to most people.

My wife had an issue where she wanted to give her money to the church she grew up in. The pastor was not happy about that but there was not much he could do or say about it.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
they ask for an optional yearly contribution the amout suggested yearly is 150 dollars..
Reminds me of our Sunday school had a contest to see who could memorize the most scriptures. They were asking for pledges of $1 for every verse they could remember. It turns out that some of the students could memorize two or three hundred verses. People were not happy about that and wanted to back out of their pledge but the church would not permit them to back out. Although I would imagine there is not much they could do if they refused to pay. Usually when there are pledges people give that did not make an official pledge so the money ends up about the same to cover the people that do not honor their pledges.

Upvote 0

lanceleo

Apr 18, 2018
✟46,116.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That would be impossible for them to keep track. I just put money in the collection plate. It is none of their business. Jesus tells us that our giving should be in secret. My brother had an issue like this in his church. He said he should not have to pay the full 10% because he was teaching at the church so they accepted that. He was a doctor though so maybe he gave a substantial amount compared to most people.

My wife had an issue where she wanted to give her money to the church she grew up in. The pastor was not happy about that but there was not much he could do or say about it.
Okay, for mine we have to fill up and submit our pledge forms and when you make a contribution you have to indicate which month is it for. This way they know which months' are missing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0