United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I have posted Scriptures !!

In fact......allow me to say again that the Scriptures say that Mary had at least 7 children...... FIVE sons and at least two daughters. She may have had more than 2 daughters!

YOU are rejecting the word of God in favor of RCC theology because the only the objection to Jesus having half-siblings is the doctrine of the perpetual virginity of Mary.

Mark 6:3......
“‘Isn’t this the carpenter? Isn’t this Mary’s son (1 Jesus) and the brother of (2)James, (3) Joseph, (4) Judas and (5)Simon? Aren’t his sisters (Plural= 2 or more) here with us?’

John 2:12......
“After this he went down to Capernaum with his mother and brothers and his disciples.”

The fact that the words brothers and disciples are both used means that John was not referring to “spiritual” brothers but to familial relationships. The “brothers” and the “disciples” were different groups of individuals.

If you do not like this......Please talk with God about it. I did not write it in the Bible, HE DID!

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟221,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have posted Scriptures !!

In fact......allow me to say again that the Scriptures say that Mary had at least 7 children...... FIVE sons and at least two daughters. She may have had more than 2 daughters!

YOU are rejecting the word of God in favor of RCC theology because the only the objection to Jesus having half-siblings is the doctrine of the perpetual virginity of Mary.

Mark 6:3......
“‘Isn’t this the carpenter? Isn’t this Mary’s son (1 Jesus) and the brother of (2)James, (3) Joseph, (4) Judas and (5)Simon? Aren’t his sisters (Plural= 2 or more) here with us?’

John 2:12......
“After this he went down to Capernaum with his mother and brothers and his disciples.”

The fact that the words brothers and disciples are both used means that John was not referring to “spiritual” brothers but to familial relationships. The “brothers” and the “disciples” were different groups of individuals.

If you do not like this......Please talk with God about it. I did not write it in the Bible, HE DID!
False again. Yours is a manmade teaching that is not found in the Bible, it is an amateurish intepretation that is not supported by language nor by the historical record of the early Church.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,195,519.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
LOL!......I really mean falling down, LOL!

Really good one!

Yes you have but you have never ever posted ONE single Scripture to support your opinions especially the Immaculate Conception.

But it was really fuu=nny!!!!!

By the way..........Still waiting!
Only God can heal your blindness.
You remind me of that quote from Gandhi.

I like your Christ.
I do not like your Christians, they are so unlike your Christ.​

You claim to have taught the Bible for over 50 years yet after all that time you are still nothing like Christ. I've known Moslems who were more Christ like than you. You exhibit none of the fruits of the Spirit so why should anyone believe your interpretation of the Scriptures is informed by the same?

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Only God can heal your blindness.
You remind me of that quote from Gandhi.

I like your Christ.
I do not like your Christians, they are so unlike your Christ.​

You claim to have taught the Bible for over 50 years yet after all that time you are still nothing like Christ. I've known Moslems who were more Christ like than you. You exhibit none of the fruits of the Spirit so why should anyone believe your interpretation of the Scriptures is informed by the same?

We have communicated back and forth on several threads.

I have talked to many, many people here on this forum.

I have never had anyone use the language you used in a personal way as you just did.

Your responces have always been sarcastic and I would respectfully ask you to use the IGNORE option for me as any further communication from you is not needed or wanted.

You like Gandhi but I like God better and He said in James 1:26......
"If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain."

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
False again. Yours is a manmade teaching that is not found in the Bible, it is an amateurish intepretation that is not supported by language nor by the historical record of the early Church.

Really LOL!

Did you read the actual LITERAL words from the Bible I posted for you??????

I did not interpret anything! I posted the word of God.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟221,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Really LOL!

I quoted what you said, and that quote was a manmade teaching. Yours is an amateurish interpretation, it comes to a conclusion that is not the Word of God. Genesis 13: 8 “So Abram said to Lot, “Let’s not have any quarreling between you and me, or between your herdsmen and mine, for we are brothers.” Applying your logic, Abram and Lot have the same parents, yet the truth is THEY HAVE TWO DIFFERENT PARENTS. You can insist they have the same parents as much as you want, but it is not the Word of God, it is a manmade teaching.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟221,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Really LOL!

False, you did interpret, I quoted you for all to see. You and I have both posted the Word of God, that's not what I'm referring to. The words I quoted were your own flawed and false interpretation.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
False, you did interpret, I quoted you for all to see. You and I have both posted the Word of God, that's not what I'm referring to. The words I quoted were your own flawed and false interpretation.

I can not help but ask you......Are you reading what I posted??????

Just for you, once again I am going to post exactly what the Bible says..........

Mark 6:3........,
“‘Isn’t this the carpenter? Isn’t this Mary’s son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren’t his sisters here with us?’ And they took offense at him.”

Then I said.............
"This passage indicates that Mary had at least seven children, including Jesus."

That my dear friend IS NOT AN INTERPRETATION. It is Addition!!!!
Jesus =.......1
James =......2
Joseph = ....3
Judas =......4
Simon =......5.
SISTER'S = More than 1 so it can be 2.

Math says that the total according to the Bible is at least 7!!!!

That is not an INTERPRETAION.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,238,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
241636_9f4a3046555e3431f8a087b68dbce899_thumb.jpg

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.