• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Pulled over for DUI but nothing wrong except I was NERVOUS wreck

Lane-L

Sep 17, 2023
Asheville, NC
✟8,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello everyone!
I was pulled over for tail light being out. And let me say, I'm a very frazzled person and get confused under a lot of pressure. I made a lot of mistakes out of the gate; I got out of the car, I backed up because the officer was so far behind me, I called a friend while sitting waiting in the car. All of this frustrated the officer quite a bit. Then they began asking for information and I was a wreck trying to talk. They asked me to do a field sobriety test which I believe I failed because it was impossible even being sober. I asked to blow in a breathalyzer or cognitive type test. They said no. Full disclosure, I have two previous DWI's and have lost my license, but I learned my lesson and do not drink and drive. My license was suspended still so I am guilty of that. I'm a good person and haven't ever done drugs not even pot. But, I have had drinking issues and struggled with depression from my son committing suicide a couple years ago.

I take focalin (essentially adderal) a half dose, Lamotrigine (anti-anxiety), gabapentin (chronic pain, not a narcotic), escitalopram (depression), Buspirone (anxiety).
None of these are impairing meds. I have had a long medical history of issues with nutritional deficiencies, anxiety, depression, and extreme nausea. I knew when he asked me to do a field sobriety that it wouldn't go well.

The officer took me to a test station type place on the way to the detention center for a blood test. They didn't explain things to me but I assume they thought I was taking drugs that could impair my driving. This was a few weeks ago and I haven't received a copy through the mail. I hired a good lawyer and he's trying to get a copy of the blood test.

My lawyer is going to represent me at court on Oct 6 for a not guilty plea, as all the medication isn't impairing. Although I'm freaking out and now trying to figure out what I need to do to help my situation. A good friend recommended I take to the forums to get support and educate myself. Thank you for reading!