Jan 9, 2005
Adelaide
Visit site
✟333.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Politics
US-Republican
We recently had terrible bush fires here in South Australia, and it made me so proud to be a Salvo to see that the Salvos automatically responded. Got out there, set up a donation lines and helped. Surely this is what being a christian really is. To show love to someone in this way is exactly what Jesus would have done...helped out where he could, to show Gods love.

Reactions: Abiel
E

elm0

chaplainjared said:
We recently had terrible bush fires here in South Australia, and it made me so proud to be a Salvo to see that the Salvos automatically responded. Got out there, set up a donation lines and helped. Surely this is what being a christian really is. To show love to someone in this way is exactly what Jesus would have done...helped out where he could, to show Gods love.

That's always great to hear. I don't know about the rest of Australia, but around here (South East Queensland) the Salvos have emergency services support units, groups of Salvos that head out to bushfires and make sure the firefighters get fed, have enough water, basically do whatever they can to help out the emergency services guys. I was amazed when I first heard about it, I'd never even thought about who feeds the guys during emergencies.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.