• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Protection and safety

InvisibleExistence

Jul 10, 2004
UK
Visit site
✟15,195.00
Faith
Christian
2 Kings 8-17

15 When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. “Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?” the servant asked.

16 “Don’t be afraid,” the prophet (Elisha) answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”

17 And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.[/B]

I haven't been on here since 2007 and reading through my old posts on this forum is both sad and hopeful - sad because it was a difficult time of life, and hopeful because things are a lot different now. I wish I could say that I am over the eating disorder completely, because i'm not - but I am so much better and my body is finally healthy. I am enjoying this winter for once not being so cold all the time.

The above is one of my favourite passages - it talks about Elisha's servant, who is afraid when he sees the enemy armies surrounding them. Elisha asks God to open the servant's eyes so he sees the protection which surrounds them - and God does. It is my prayer for all of you that God will open your eyes to see the protection and love that surrounds you and keeps you so utterly and completely safe in Him. This does not make everything easier to cope with, but it can give hope. Keep going, you are worth it. You are worth Him.

With love and prayers
Jess xxx