Progressive Democrats rally around Ilhan Omar in face of ‘Islamophobic’ censure resolution

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟221,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Rep. Don Bacon (R-NE) filed a resolution on Tuesday accusing Omar of “increasing antisemitism in our country” after she suggested that some Jewish students at Columbia University were “pro-genocide” during a visit to the campus, where her daughter is a student protester.https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/2996535/progressive-democrats-back-ilhan-omar-censure-resolution/

A number of progressives will not vote for Joe unless he helps with the defeat of Israel.

Reactions: Vambram

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟842,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Her statement makes clear that:

#1: not all Jewish students are 'pro-genocide'.
#2: all Jewish students should be safe from antisemitism.

"I actually met a lot of Jewish students who are in the encampment, and I think it is really unfortunate that people don't care about the fact that all Jewish kids should be kept safe," Omar told Fox 5 New York while there. "We should not have to tolerate antisemitism or bigotry for all Jewish students, whether they are pro-genocide or anti-genocide."

--

Let's see how this resolution fares in the GOP majority House. I think it's fair to call it a political stunt, and it will be treated accordingly by both sides of the aisle.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Rep. Don Bacon (R-NE) filed a resolution on Tuesday accusing Omar of “increasing antisemitism in our country” after she suggested that some Jewish students at Columbia University were “pro-genocide” during a visit to the campus, where her daughter is a student protester.https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/2996535/progressive-democrats-back-ilhan-omar-censure-resolution/

A number of progressives will not vote for Joe unless he helps with the defeat of Israel.
Question: Is it against the law to promote antisemitism?

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟248,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

yes they will, because what's the alternative? This black and white thinking isn't productive. Joe Biden could shoot someone on 5th avenue tomorrow and I'd still vote for him. ;)

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟221,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
yes they will, because what's the alternative? This black and white thinking isn't productive. Joe Biden could shoot someone on 5th avenue tomorrow and I'd still vote for him. ;)
Most will, but a number will not. Kennedy is running. Joe is going to have a hard time playing both sides, he has to do something to slow Israel to cow-tow to radical Islamists, but before the massacre most Jews voted for the Democratic ticket, and many Democrats would rather see the terrorists lose.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Most will, but a number will not. Kennedy is running. Joe is going to have a hard time playing both sides, he has to do something to slow Israel to cow-tow to radical Islamists, but before the massacre most Jews voted for the Democratic ticket, and many Democrats would rather see the terrorists lose.
Nobody on the Left is going to vote for Kennedy.
Kennedy will siphon more votes from Trump which means he’s going to be made to “see reason” and drop out before November.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟248,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Most will, but a number will not. Kennedy is running.
Kennedy? The guy who had worms in his brain? Affected his earning potential, but he can be president! Yeah. Okay.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Nope, because I know he would still vote for Biden.
Yes, he’s probably going to vote for Biden, but he used the debate tactic called hyperbole to indicate how strong he feels about this topic. Focusing in on the hyperbolic item, means that you’ve missed the larger point.
Trump never did do that though. You, on the other hand, admitted you would vote for someone that killed someone.
First off our good friend said ”Joe Biden could shoot someone on 5th avenue tomorrow and I'd still vote for him. ;)”, he didn’t say “killed” or “murdered”. Secondly he used the winky/smiley to indicate that this was a dark jest. Congratulations on taking it incorrectly.

Upvote 0

Adam56

Nov 4, 2023
Nashville
✟26,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Missing the forest for the tress, pops to mind too.

Over what, exactly?
The crux of the matter is that our friend has indicated a strong support for the current President in November’s Election, but no, you’d like to focus on the way he told us that.

Deliberately “misunderstanding“ can only get one so far.
Technically it was that Biden’s handling of Israel would affect if anyone would change their vote, and he said not in the slightest, projecting his vote onto everyone else leaning towards Joe Biden.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Technically it was that Biden’s handling of Israel would affect if anyone would change their vote, and he said not in the slightest, projecting his vote onto everyone else leaning towards Joe Biden.
So what?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟664,560.00
Country
United States
Faith