Grimsby. England
✟542,543.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I don't know what sort of impact Quatermass made in the US, but for me he the best. Quatermass and the Pit has got to be one of the greatest SciFi horror movies of all time, and the Quatermass Experiment and Quatermass II are cult classics.

And best of all, Hollywood has not ruined them by remaking them (yet)

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟542,543.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
spacedout said:
Haven't heard of or seen any of these... I'll have to look for them. Feel like illuminating me?
I'll do better than that. I'll make a deal with you. If you can stay off the cigarettes till Christmas, I'll make you up a video and post it to you.

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟542,543.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Upvote 0

DrFate

Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
I travel
✟1,877.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Andy Broadley said:
I don't know what sort of impact Quatermass made in the US, but for me he the best. Quatermass and the Pit has got to be one of the greatest SciFi horror movies of all time, and the Quatermass Experiment and Quatermass II are cult classics.

And best of all, Hollywood has not ruined them by remaking them (yet)
Yeah Quatermass and the Pit was released in the US as 50,000 years to earth. I love that film. I own it. I have a quatermas book somewhere. Are the other two you mentioned as good as the Pit?

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟542,543.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
DrFate said:
Yeah Quatermass and the Pit was released in the US as 50,000 years to earth. I love that film. I own it. I have a quatermas book somewhere. Are the other two you mentioned as good as the Pit?
They were at least equally as good, and in some ways better. The main difference being that Quatermass and the pit was made in colour while the first two were made in black and white. My personal favourite is Quatermass 2 which came out in (I think) 1959, but I'm a huge fan of all of them. The first film The Quatermass Experiment came out in 1957(ish) and set the standard for the others to follow. I'm glad to say they did.

Upvote 0