Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome friends. I hope this dialog can be an example of how to prayerfully discuss these topics. Here you can prayerfully discuss among yourselves the great evidences Mark and I bring up on this important topic of the Priesthood and its nature. God bless you all!

In Jesus through Mary,
Athanasias

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟835,464.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Welcome friends. I hope this dialog can be an example of how to prayerfully discuss these topics. Here you can prayerfully discuss among yourselves the great evidences Mark and I bring up on this important topic of the Priesthood and its nature. God bless you all!

In Jesus through Mary,
Athanasias

Athanasias, I hope I can live up to the hype!;):D^_^

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OOOO When does Howdy Doodey come out? :p Thanks for the invite guys!

Your welcome. I hope your enjoying the dialog so far. The Greek Orthodox have alot in common I think with the Catholic Church historically seeing a ministerial priesthood. We may phrase things in a western formulation but I think you will find alot that we agree on here.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟572,130.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow, I feel like a cat at a ping pong tournament, I'm just happy Mark took this one up because it sounds a lot more ecclesiastical then any of the subjects I'm versed on. I'm trying to follow it, your in my prayers.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This has been really fun and educational. My good friend Mark did a great job of explaining his position nicely and charitably. I pray that I may do the same. We have so much in common it almost hurts that we cannot share the blessed sacrament yet. Maybe some day. I am confident in the next 500 years or so that may be the case between our 2 faith traditions if dialog like this keeps prayerfully happening on all levels of the church.

Thanks Mark again! Hopefully in my next thread I will be able to explain what I think are the more meatier or solid arguments or understandings on why the Catholic Church holds to the ministerial priesthood as well as High and universal. God bless you all!

In Jesus through Mary,
Athanasias

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟835,464.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
This has been really fun and educational. My good friend Mark did a great job of explaining his position nicely and charitably. I pray that I may do the same. We have so much in common it almost hurts that we cannot share the blessed sacrament yet. Maybe some day. I am confident in the next 500 years or so that may be the case between our 2 faith traditions if dialog like this keeps prayerfully happening on all levels of the church.

Thanks Mark again! Hopefully in my next thread I will be able to explain what I think are the more meatier or solid arguments or understandings on why the Catholic Church holds to the ministerial priesthood as well as High and universal. God bless you all!

In Jesus through Mary,
Athanasias

Thanks for your kind words. Currently we and our official counterparts have the luxury of discussing this; in this post Christian era here in North America it may be much less than 500 years before our two Churches consider closer relations than just cooperation on societal issues; but that may be a topic for another thread.:)

BTW... Generally, participants are discouraged from posting in the PG threads, but since ours is more of a discussion than a debate; I see little problem with it.

Wow, I feel like a cat at a ping pong tournament, I'm just happy Mark took this one up because it sounds a lot more ecclesiastical then any of the subjects I'm versed on. I'm trying to follow it, your in my prayers.

Grace and peace,
Mark
Mark, when Athanasius and I are done, It's your turn; Protestant ministry vs Catholic Priesthood?;):thumbsup:

He's just practicing on me!

May God bless and keep us all!:liturgy::crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟835,464.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟572,130.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually, I'm softening him up for you!!!:):p:D:D^_^^_^

Blessing to you Mark!:crossrc::prayer::crossrc:

I'm sure you did, hope you got him up to speed for the priesthood of all believers. Don't want to shock his system.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sure you did, hope you got him up to speed for the priesthood of all believers. Don't want to shock his system.

Grace and peace,
Mark

LOL well I am sure willing to dialog on this again with you Mark. I hope you have been enjoying the dialog so far as I have. I am afraid I shot my ammo so to speak and I have said almost about everything on the subject I can so far. So if we dialog I may just repeat the same things that I have in my dialog on this with the other Mark. However It would be very fun and we have had some great dialogs in the past.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟835,464.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
LOL well I am sure willing to dialog on this again with you Mark. I hope you have been enjoying the dialog so far as I have. I am afraid I shot my ammo so to speak and I have said almost about everything on the subject I can so far. So if we dialog I may just repeat the same things that I have in my dialog on this with the other Mark. However It would be very fun and we have had some great dialogs in the past.

Athanasias, your last post is up.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I really enjoyed this dialog with you Mark. it was alot of fun and I learned alot too. I would be honored to do another with you on another topic in the future. God bless you my friend.

In Jesus through Mary,

Athanasius

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟835,464.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I really enjoyed this dialog with you Mark. it was alot of fun and I learned alot too. I would be honored to do another with you on another topic in the future. God bless you my friend.

In Jesus through Mary,

Athanasius

I too would consider this not only an honor, but a blessing!:)

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I too would consider this not only an honor, but a blessing!:)

Thanks my brother in Christ. The feeling is very mutual! Prayerfully Dialoging with you about our differences and similarities(of which their are many) and others like you really give me hope for Christianity as a whole. Its a great thing to dialog like this. We both learn. I learned alot in this last dialog. I am grateful our respective co-religionist in each Church is also doing this at the upper levels. It makes one see the Holy Spirit really present in the hearts of those who love Him and have Him. We have come along way in just such short a time. :)

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟835,464.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Thanks my brother in Christ. The feeling is very mutual! Prayerfully Dialoging with you about our differences and similarities(of which their are many) and others like you really give me hope for Christianity as a whole. Its a great thing to dialog like this. We both learn. I learned alot in this last dialog. I am grateful our respective co-religionist in each Church is also doing this at the upper levels. It makes one see the Holy Spirit really present in the hearts of those who love Him and have Him. We have come along way in just such short a time. :)
Well stated! While we see the Holy spirit present in the hearts of the faithful, we prayerfully ask that the Holy Spirit continue to work upon the hearts and minds of all mankind.:prayer::crossrc::prayer:

It is my wish that such "official" dialogue continue between those who lead our respective confessions at both international and local levels; and that more of the laity of both of our Churches follow their lead; there is only good that comes from this type of dialogue.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

The RedRose

May 11, 2014
✟15,138.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hi All,

I am new and I am lost and "confused" ...:confused:

I "thought" I was in a Messianic section ... am I ... ?

This topic "caught my eye" being I am Female ...

and I have read over some of the prior posts...

some saying they are "enjoying the dialog" but I haven't found any "dialog"
about the "priesthood" ... ?

Because I am a "new-bee" can't I "see" all the posts, or what ?

This forum is so, very complicated to get around in and find what you want ... I guess I better go "out" and try to get "in" to what I need to teach me what I want to know !!! If not "here", so be it !!!

Sincerely, The RedRose

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.