✟9,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey everyone...
So, I need some advice from women who have been pregnant before.
I'm not 100% sure I'm pregnant yet, but I've got some suspicions.
What symptoms did y'all have during your first month, maybe 2?
From what I can figure, I can't be more than 8 weeks along, due to the fact that my last period was in the beginning of November. My symptoms so far have included heat flashes during the night, drinking more water than usual, being hungry almost all the time, feeling more tired than normal, on-and-off abdomen cramping, and I did miss my last period which was supposed to start at the beginning of December. I did have some spotting a few different times, but it didn't last for more than a day at a time...often it started after having sex.
I took an in-home pregnancy test a few weeks ago, and it came up negative...however, I think I might have been wrong. Does that happen often? How reliable would y'all say those tests are? And if I'm not pregnant, what else could be symptoms be from???
Advice, comments, anything would be appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
My last period was also due in the beginning of November (November 1rst) and I tested positive the day I was supposed to get it. You would have a positive test by now, unless something was wrong. You would actually probably be more than 8 weeks pregnant, too, because they date the pregnancy from your last period until they have something different to go by, like an ultrasound. I am 12 weeks, for example, and I ovulated later than expected. You would even be able to see your baby moving and hear the heart beating via ultrasound at this point.

You should go to a doctor to find out what's up. If you ARE pregnant, you need to be taking prenatals to prevent birth defects. And there are a lot of things you can't do while pregnant - like taking pretty much any medications, drinking, eating various foods, etc.

As for my symptoms:

-Sick, all day, every day. Gagging, throwing up. Can't brush my teeth without throwing up.
-Exhausted, all day every day. I sleep all night, get up, go to work, can barely keep my eyes open, then go home and sleep. I wake up for like an hour and go to bed again and start the process over. I have never had issues with worrying about falling asleep while driving and now I do. It is scary.
-I smell EVERYTHING. Like, from across the house, I can smell my husband's mouthwash or ranch dressing. And everything smells bad. Even things that should smell good, like perfume or body spray - bad.
-Nipples changed color and had a slight discharge.
-Skin was broken out for a while (this seems to have gone away now, yay).
-Abdominal pains (this was not normal and I had to have an early ultrasound to rule out a cyst or ectopic pregnancy.)
-Thirsty all the time.
-Food cravings and aversions (mostly aversions).
-Hungry all the time (which is an annoying thing when combined with sick all the time).

BTW your age says 18 - you are too young to be worrying about this.

Upvote 0

Feb 12, 2008
Georgia
✟16,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I've had two babies now and I can say that it's possible for those tests to be wrong. I was on birth control both times I got pregnant and like you I had the constant tiredness and such. Eating more and all that is normal when pregnant too. You may also want to watch for Gas or bloating, soreness in the lower back and tenderness in the breast. All of those can be signs of being pregnant. Also constipation and such. I would say to go to the dr and have him do a blood test to see if you are prego. That's probably your safest bet. Either that or go get another test and take it. Who knows, It may actually give a different result. My test showed negative at first but then after a few more mins it showed a faint pregnancy line.

Good luck and Congrats if you are!

Upvote 0

SiyoNqoba

Jul 14, 2007
New Zealand
✟15,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In very early pregnancy (less than 5 weeks), I didn't have that many symptoms. I just felt like I had my period, except I didn't, and I got pretty bad cramps. After 5 weeks, I started getting morning sickness, sore breasts, tiredness, etc.

If you've only taken one test, take another. They can sometimes give false negatives.

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am expecting my third.....

All of those sound like normal pregnancy symptoms. I did one test which came back negative, then another a few days later which came back positive.

I would test again, or even bettter, just go to the doctor, they will know once you get a blood test if you are pregnant or not.

Upvote 0

Juliet13

Mama Hen :)
Jan 28, 2006
Tennessee
Visit site
✟9,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have had quite a bit of back pain, especially if I've been laying in bed for too long. I've also had diarrhea in stead of constipation. My breasts havent been sore - but that's not something that happens to me even on my period. I've definitely been feeling bloated! And I just realized today that I've been getting nauseous more often and more easily than normal...but often times the nausea will last for 10-15 minutes and go away. It's strange. I've also had unusual heartburn...I dont typically have an issue with that. Heat flashes during the night have also started happening...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟23,379.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Your spotting may be the result of the position of your cervix which can bleed easily when you are pregnant. If it's been that long, take a test! I took a test and it was negative in August and then retook in September and found out I was pregnant.

Personally I didn't have any symptoms until about week 6 (which I tested) and it was sore boobs and insane sense of smell.

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
If I am pregnant, will I skip or still have my period this month? Cuz our plan was to go see a dr. if I missed my period again...but if I could be pregnant and still have it, then that's not a very good plan :\

Or you could just do the responsible adult thing to do and go to the doctor now, like most people would. I mean, if you're pregnant, you're going to have to start being responsible for more than just yourself and that's not going to just start when the baby is born. It starts now. If you are pregnant, you need prenatal care. These are the most critical and important times in your baby's early development. If you've been bleeding, there could be something wrong. I was told at one point that if I bled during a weekend, I should go to the ER.

You're not going to get any definite answers from an internet forum. Some people had a lot of symptoms and some had none. Everybody is different. The only way for you to know for sure is to get a blood test.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Feb 12, 2008
Georgia
✟16,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately Miscarriages are not all that uncommon. . . Especially if it's your first time getting pregnant. I miscarried my first pregnancy. My son was born my second pregnancy. I miscarried my 3rd pregnancy and my Fourth pregnancy I lost one of my twins. My daughter was born from my 4th pregnancy. I hope all goes well for you. GOOD LUCK!

Upvote 0