• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

praying to eat and drink

Foolish Lion

Jul 20, 2014
✟7,611.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
for the last 5 or so years, i have been praying on a daily basis for the day ahead, so that i feel safe or secure about food consumption, as in the past i had a different ritual in place before i went to university, but changed this in the hope that it would be better.
i have ocd intrusive thoughts which was brought about by depression in my first year of college in 2004, so bare with me as to where i needed to put this topic. recently the unwanted thoughts have become worse and have prevented me from doing a simple prayer because i do not want these in prayer, though i am not sure if god would forgive me for encountering these during prayer and for me to simply shrug them off and continue from where i stuttered what i was saying.
at the moment, im considering alternative attitudes towards my problem or ask the question "do i need to pray to eat and drink" or " can i eat and drink in the day, but still have a prayer afterwards". i also would like to know if there is a *physical* prayer i can do instead of a direct prayer, as i was advised by my university chaplaincy to be creative in prayer, so that theres better communication to god.

thankyou.