Veteran- I am an Orthodox Christian
Jan 24, 2007
New England
✟16,923.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Lord have mercy on these your children who have asked for your help.

Please continue to pray for Carl who lost his wife Beth last week and his sister Margaret this week and is still struggling with cancer.

Please also pray for the soul of Beth, I already miss her very much...

Upvote 0

HandmaidenOfGod

Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!
Sep 11, 2004
✟23,269.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Please keep me in prayer.

I feel like I am meant to do something more than sell telecom products to companies who don't know what they want. I am hesitant to say that 'God is calling me to some kind of ministry' because I heard that so much in my days in the Protestant church it makes me sick.

I don't know that God is calling me per se.

All I know is that I want to serve God and His Church in a larger capacity than just volunteering for different commitees.

Organizing bake sales and coffee hours is nice, but I want to do more.

I don't mean to sound boastful when I say this, but I know that I have a deep understanding of the Orthodox Church and her history. I want to share that with others to bring others to the gift that is Orthodoxy.

Orthodoxy is the world's best kept secret. I want to blow the lid on it!

So please keep me in prayer that God's will be done, and that I either remain content in where I am, or that He leads me to where He wants me.

Thank you.

In XC,

Maureen

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟176,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Please keep my parents, my sister and her husband in your prayers.

I thought my parents were coping well with my conversion (two years ago), but a regression seems to have taken place. My mother apparently talks to all her friends at her baptist church (that she has been going to and become very involved with recently) about her Orthodox daughter and son-in-law and they're telling her all sorts of anti-Orthodox tales that she regales me with. When I offer to go over her accusations with her point by point she refuses and starts saying things such as the Orthodox Church is trying to keep people from the bible, etc.

My sister just moved across the country, still doesn't have a job (left a very good job when she moved), and is quite anti-organized religion. The only thing she and my mom agree on these days is their ridicule of the Orthodox Church.

Upvote 0

Josiah14

Make your sole goal acquisition of the Holy Spirit
Aug 12, 2008
United States of America
✟16,224.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please keep my parents, my sister and her husband in your prayers.

I thought my parents were coping well with my conversion (two years ago), but a regression seems to have taken place. My mother apparently talks to all her friends at her baptist church (that she has been going to and become very involved with recently) about her Orthodox daughter and son-in-law and they're telling her all sorts of anti-Orthodox tales that she regales me with. When I offer to go over her accusations with her point by point she refuses and starts saying things such as the Orthodox Church is trying to keep people from the bible, etc.

My sister just moved across the country, still doesn't have a job (left a very good job when she moved), and is quite anti-organized religion. The only thing she and my mom agree on these days is their ridicule of the Orthodox Church.

I'm sorry to hear that. My parents were pretty upset when I converted also, but they have become more tolerant of my decision recently. I will certainly pray for you and your family.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello Marius, Cassc, Hobbit, Seashale, Handmaiden and Josiah Iwill keep all of your prayer requests in mind while praying...

Please pray for my friend who recentely is here in the states for cancer treatment :(...

He has a teen boy and his health is truly going downwards...

Fr. Kyriakos is his name a Greek Orthodox priest.
http://frkyriakos.blogspot.com/
Thank you....

Upvote 0

Chocolatesa

has commenced Theosis
Apr 14, 2007
Montreal, Quebec
✟9,833.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please pray for my mother. She converted to Orthodoxy 6 years ago after having changed churches several times. Last week she called me to say she was switching parish (from the OCA to ROCOR, those are the only two in her town) because of a disagreement with her priest, mainly that she's taking an online protestant course and wants to take courses at a Protestant bible college, which I found very sad news, but didn't say anything else because I wasn't sure it was my place to tell her what to do.

Today she told me she was considering leaving Orthodoxy, and I begged her not to, she said she wouldn't, but she still wants to take bible courses. She found out that one of the Protestant churches in her town is giving a free bible course which she is going to take because my parents don't have extra money for anything else. I asked her why she was taking Protestant courses and not Orthodox, if it was because of lack of availability, and she said yes, and the money factor as well. She doesn't have a driver's license either so even if there was a free Orthodox course somewhere nearby she couldn't go, their town is an hour north of Montreal, my dad is really busy with work and lifts would be hard to come by, plus she HATES travelling.

I kept telling her to not give up, please keep struggling and praying, that I was praying for her and I'd ask you guys to pray for her as well. I told her to call the priest at the ROCOR parish to talk about this as well. Thank you in advance for your prayers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angrylittlefisherman

the worst of sinners
Jun 22, 2008
occidental ca
✟15,926.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
She is in Oakland Childrens Hospital right now, I am trying to get there. Please pray to St John for her, he is close by in San Fran, maybe someone from there will be able to bring some St. John oil.
Her name is Libye Sabina

Upvote 0

vnct

May 19, 2009
✟15,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:pray: please pray for my father who is in an unhealthy same-sex marriage.

:pray: please pray for my brother and i. we don't talk after the death of our mother three years ago.

:pray: please pray for my aunt and i to get along. she has very high standards for me regarding finances.

:pray: please pray for my roommate whom i rent a room to who is a meditation teacher.

thank you.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey. I have an Anatomy and Physiology lab exam in 1.5 hours. These are a pretty big deal, grade wise. I know the material, or at least all but the last bits which I'm studying now, but I tend to freak out and choke during the exam.

Right now I'm looking over a diagram of the plasma membrane, then its on to all the different types of cellular transport :eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.