Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
6 years ago, I was banned from a Bionicle discussion forum for the Gospel. Admittedly, it wasn't the cleanest of situations because I was going through a mental breakdown at the time, but basically I was banned for confronting a fellow Christian using Matthew 18 and telling the truth about transgender stuff to a transgender individual in front of the entire trans-supportive moderation staff. (Boldness and insanity don't mix well, in case anyone was wondering in the back. :p )

God used this situation to witness to said moderation staff and the group of homosexual and transgender members of that forum and present them with the Gospel, albeit in sloppy, not-so-stellar fashion. I still have contact via social media with many of these individuals, despite the fact that none of them have accepted the Gospel via my incredibly clumsy evangelism efforts. Instead, I keep seeing them, and the entire Bionicle community, keep sliding downhill into greater sin and destruction as time goes on. I took on this mission field, the most difficult evangelism task that I have ever walked into, at the lowest point in my life when my mental health and spiritual health was at my absolute worst. I consider this to be my biggest ministry failure of all time.

And I'm ready to move on. Sort of. I want to get out of that community. Further, I have a large collection of Bionicle sets that I want to sell off as a prelude to getting out of there, but I can't bring myself, emotionally, to do it. I feel like I'm quitting an active mission field, God has placed me there for a reason, and that I'm quitting too early. (There's also a part of my brain that thinks that my presence is making things worse - I'm indecisive.) So I have a series of prayer requests - I'd like to get some prayer support for this situation and difficult decision.

1. First, pray that God would show me what he wants me to do, guidance and direction for me, and the courage to act for his glory and honor. If anything needs to be done before I move on, that He would show me and that I would do it.
2. Pray for Ryan, that he may come to know the Lord, who loves and cares for him, despite the fact that many other human beings have failed to love and care for him. (Yes, that is his accurate name and gender. He was a friend of mine before he chose the transgender dark path.)
3. I'm not going to name any more names, but please pray for my friends from back there, that they may come to know the Lord. My heart still hurts for them. One man I met in person was harassed by the homosexual/transgender group and suffered for it - pray that the Lord would open his eyes to the truth.
4. Please pray for those in this community who have been sexually harassed and raped. Yes, a convention hosted by this Bionicle website resulted in an actual rape. It's absolutely heartbreaking what Satan has done to a community of people who were discussing children's plastic toys. It's so hard for me to leave - I feel like I'm abandoning them.
5. In Romans 13 fashion, pray for the leadership of the forum that banned me, that they would come to know the Lord and change their ways. Not only are they shutting out the Gospel, their only hope of remedy, they are also wounded and broken and in need of God's healing and comfort.
6. Please pray for my brother, who is still enmeshed in that community by doing Bionicle YouTube Let's Plays of all of the Bionicle games. He wasn't directly involved in the community that banned me (and still isn't) but I think his interest in doing video game YouTube isn't doing as much for him as his healthier interests in bassoon and climbing mountains. I'm scared of impairing my relationship to my brother. While the two of us have connections outside of Bionicle, Bionicle is a part of our relationship that has brought us together for years. He doesn't even like the particular Bionicle sets that I'm selling off, but yeah. He got me into the franchise in the first place.
7. Finally, pray for my efforts to keep children away from that site. Bionicle is a toyline for children and the fact that this site exists is reprehensible. While the Bionicle line itself is discontinued, members of the Bionicle community repeatedly harass Lego to bring the line back in some form. This is within the eyes of people who are on the Lego official Twitter account and sites like Lego Ideas. This is why I want to sell off my Bionicle sets - for financial reasons, and also so my future children, if any, are not drawn into that community of people.

Thanks in advance. :)

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟210,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

William J

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2021
Buffalo, NY
✟275,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
I pray that God would give you wisdom and courage to share the Gospel with unbelievers and guide you into how to proceed. I also pray that Ryan and other members of your community would come to know Jesus.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

onceEMT

Oct 30, 2021
Florida
✟22,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
6 years ago, I was banned from a Bionicle discussion forum for the Gospel. Admittedly, it wasn't the cleanest of situations because I was going through a mental breakdown at the time, but basically I was banned for confronting a fellow Christian using Matthew 18 and telling the truth about transgender stuff to a transgender individual in front of the entire trans-supportive moderation staff. (Boldness and insanity don't mix well, in case anyone was wondering in the back. :p )

God used this situation to witness to said moderation staff and the group of homosexual and transgender members of that forum and present them with the Gospel, albeit in sloppy, not-so-stellar fashion. I still have contact via social media with many of these individuals, despite the fact that none of them have accepted the Gospel via my incredibly clumsy evangelism efforts. Instead, I keep seeing them, and the entire Bionicle community, keep sliding downhill into greater sin and destruction as time goes on. I took on this mission field, the most difficult evangelism task that I have ever walked into, at the lowest point in my life when my mental health and spiritual health was at my absolute worst. I consider this to be my biggest ministry failure of all time.

And I'm ready to move on. Sort of. I want to get out of that community. Further, I have a large collection of Bionicle sets that I want to sell off as a prelude to getting out of there, but I can't bring myself, emotionally, to do it. I feel like I'm quitting an active mission field, God has placed me there for a reason, and that I'm quitting too early. (There's also a part of my brain that thinks that my presence is making things worse - I'm indecisive.) So I have a series of prayer requests - I'd like to get some prayer support for this situation and difficult decision.

1. First, pray that God would show me what he wants me to do, guidance and direction for me, and the courage to act for his glory and honor. If anything needs to be done before I move on, that He would show me and that I would do it.
2. Pray for Ryan, that he may come to know the Lord, who loves and cares for him, despite the fact that many other human beings have failed to love and care for him. (Yes, that is his accurate name and gender. He was a friend of mine before he chose the transgender dark path.)
3. I'm not going to name any more names, but please pray for my friends from back there, that they may come to know the Lord. My heart still hurts for them. One man I met in person was harassed by the homosexual/transgender group and suffered for it - pray that the Lord would open his eyes to the truth.
4. Please pray for those in this community who have been sexually harassed and raped. Yes, a convention hosted by this Bionicle website resulted in an actual rape. It's absolutely heartbreaking what Satan has done to a community of people who were discussing children's plastic toys. It's so hard for me to leave - I feel like I'm abandoning them.
5. In Romans 13 fashion, pray for the leadership of the forum that banned me, that they would come to know the Lord and change their ways. Not only are they shutting out the Gospel, their only hope of remedy, they are also wounded and broken and in need of God's healing and comfort.
6. Please pray for my brother, who is still enmeshed in that community by doing Bionicle YouTube Let's Plays of all of the Bionicle games. He wasn't directly involved in the community that banned me (and still isn't) but I think his interest in doing video game YouTube isn't doing as much for him as his healthier interests in bassoon and climbing mountains. I'm scared of impairing my relationship to my brother. While the two of us have connections outside of Bionicle, Bionicle is a part of our relationship that has brought us together for years. He doesn't even like the particular Bionicle sets that I'm selling off, but yeah. He got me into the franchise in the first place.
7. Finally, pray for my efforts to keep children away from that site. Bionicle is a toyline for children and the fact that this site exists is reprehensible. While the Bionicle line itself is discontinued, members of the Bionicle community repeatedly harass Lego to bring the line back in some form. This is within the eyes of people who are on the Lego official Twitter account and sites like Lego Ideas. This is why I want to sell off my Bionicle sets - for financial reasons, and also
my future children, if any, are not drawn into that community of people.

Thanks in advance. :)

Upvote 0

onceEMT

Oct 30, 2021
Florida
✟22,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord Jesus, I pray for the salvation, and blessings for those wrapped up in such a complex situation. Let Your child's light shine in dark places. Please accomplish Your divine will to reign supreme. In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ.. Amen.

Upvote 0

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,894.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Lord, I join with linux.poet in these requests we bring before You. I pray that You will guide her in all of Your Wisdom, that she is led by the Spirit to either continue or leave this group. You Will be done Father. I pray in Jesus name. Amen.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0