✟8,138.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

Yesterday for the first time I attended my local Potters house Church.

The worship was glorifying God and sermon was biblical and preached well.

At the end of the service there was an alter call and the gospel was proclaimed.

Before I left i spoke with the Pastor and he seemed to love Christ and have a passion for

seeing the lost saved and seeing the Saints become more like Christ.

I would like to know more about this church denomination, beliefs, church structure, pros and

cons from people who have first hand experience.

My experience was promising and I can still remember the sermon which is great, however I would like to know more about this church before I go back for another visit. They seem to be fundamentalist pentecostals who preach the gospel and holiness.

Kind regards

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟82,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
In January 2002, Charisma News, a Christian news magazine dealing mainly with Pentecostal and Charismatic Christianity, reported a major exodus of some 160 churches from the Potter's House Movement in the United States.[23] The reason for the split, according to Charisma News, was "because of unhealthy control, and after (members) leave they are afraid to talk about their experiences." A former pastor interviewed in the Charisma News article when asked about allegations of abuse said, "There are families who have not spoken for years, brothers who are pastors all the way to the Philippines who were separated by this group and had years of not even speaking, churches that have been deliberately split, children who don't talk to their parents."
Potter's House Christian Fellowship - Wikipedia

• Informative
Reactions: KayJoy
Upvote 0