• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ub4me

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2005
USA
✟20,873.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
my brother tried to kill himself this weekend..because he couldn't bear the pain of fibromyalgia...he has been on darvocets and neurotin for over 10 years, and they no longer work for him..we are desperate to find a doctor in the us that..will treat his pain appropriately...and not tell him that it is psycological...if you could share a doctors name and number and or addressvia private message or e-mail, ...you may just help save my brothers life...if he can't find help for the pain...he will try again...help if you can...much thanks and please pray
mike's sister,
trish

2scoops

The LORD is on my side; I will not fear
May 19, 2004
Dayton, OH
✟11,851.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I had chronic pain for about 4 years, burning pain in my back, butt and both legs. At 26, my life seemed like it was not worth it. I had seen all kinds of docs, from ortho, neuro, pain management, chiro, etc. Nothing helped or even came close to making me feel any better.

Today I am almost pain-free. Someone told me about John E Sarno. Sarno has a theory about chronic pain, from bck pain, Fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel, and the list goes on. He believes that pain is caused by repressed anger. He believes over time that this anger causes a different state in the body, reduces blood flow and oxygen to certain muscles, tendons, nerves and ligaments. I'm not saying the pain is not real, it is very real and it kept me almost bed ridden. His book is called The Mindbody Prescription. I also recommend Nancy Selfridge's Freedom From Fibromyalgia, she cured herself from the pain. I also recommend Henry Wright's A More Excellent Way. I hope you know that there is truly HOPE for your brother. I know his pain is very REAL, not something made up in his mind.

If you or him wants to e-mail meor PM me, feel free to do so becuase I would love to see him healed. God bless and I will keep you in my prayers.

Upvote 0

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry to hear that the doc's once again just don't get it:doh:. Last night my shoulder hurt so bad I found myself wanting God to take me home again:cry:. If someone is willing to try to take their own life I would say that's a pretty good indication that his pain isn't in his head.

Try www.joniandfriends.org and Ive also heard Dr Laura on radio talk alot about fibromyalgia just not sure of her web site. There is a new med I'm going to try and I will ask the pharmasist if it would also work for fibro. I have also heard about a new surgical implant that has had a lot of success in pain relief. Search Jerry Lewis MS web site because he tried it and raves about it. You'll have to use google for those 2.

Make sure you have him on a prayer list or 2...remember not to leave God out of the equation. There is also a thread over in physically challenged on this subject with a lot of good info.

God's peace, mercy and healing to your bro:groupray:

Upvote 0

Sweeterthanhoney

wife, mother, hairstylist extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2006
Manitoba
✟15,468.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
ub4me,
I have fibromyalgia myself, so I understand some of what your brother is going thru. This is something I have learned and am looking into myself. Has your brother ever had a sleep study done? Apparently alot of people with FM have a sleep disorder or sleep apnea. What is his sleep like? Mine is totally wacked out. Not getting any restorative sleep, which is when the body heals its self. I've heard from alot of FM suffers who have had a sleep study done to find out that they have sleep apnea and then started using a C-pap machine and alot of their pain has gone away.

This is something you could get him to look into, it might just help!

blessings

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.