Phobia of dying - please help me!

Feb 26, 2014
South Australia, Australia
✟7,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have for my whole life had a massive phobia of dying. I induce panic attacks in myself thinking about.
I have experienced christ twice, once as a feeling the second time as a vision, so part of me knows he is there watching over me
however part of me still doubts, even though i know he's there

i need help, this phobia is interfeering with my sleep, work and music and i just want to be at peace, to not be fearful, to find my faith

Please, someone help me to find christ and accept him as my lord:( :sigh:

Cliquely

Feb 22, 2014
✟7,614.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I used to get the same thing when I was a little younger. It would send shivers down me just to think about the unavoidable that was ahead.
My advice to you is to talk to God Himself. There isn't much any human could do to comfort you, but the one who created the human heart can heal it. Have an open dialogue with God. When I told Him what I was feeling, and what my fears were, He pointed me to the things I needed to see and understand. You may not get your comfort and answers right away, but you will get them.
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7 NIV

Upvote 0
Feb 26, 2014
South Australia, Australia
✟7,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to get the same thing when I was a little younger. It would send shivers down me just to think about the unavoidable that was ahead.
My advice to you is to talk to God Himself. There isn't much any human could do to comfort you, but the one who created the human heart can heal it. Have an open dialogue with God. When I told Him what I was feeling, and what my fears were, He pointed me to the things I needed to see and understand. You may not get your comfort and answers right away, but you will get them.
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7 NIV

Thank you, its great to know i'm not the only one. I do try but my doubt keeps coming back... i will continue to try. thank you for your encouragment:crossrc::)

Upvote 0

Movens

Feb 13, 2014
ilkley
✟15,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
In some odd perverted way I'm kind of looking forward to death , so when I get to the gates , I can chuckle to myself and think " I knew I was right "...anyways , onto your problem . Pray to god for the opportunity to be strong , and for the opportunity to defeat your fears.

Death isn't only the end of life , its the start of a new one

Upvote 0

Jaelyn Liza

Jesus Lover
Feb 2, 2014
✟8,608.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm like that too. Glad to know I'm not the only one, but sad you're going through this too. Just know that only the devil is here to kill, steal, and destroy, but Jesus came so that you might have LIFE and have it to the fullest. And guess what, Jesus has already overcome the devil. The victory's His. Death is beaten.

Hope this helps (hugs) If you need someone with a similar prob to talk about it, I'm always here.

Upvote 0

ForJesusChrist

Follower of Christ
Feb 26, 2014
✟18,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to be like this to, I'd freak out and run into my parent's room crying.

You only get one life here on earth, so spend it enjoying life with God and your family and friends, and less time worrying.

Ask God to help you relax and relax best you can do things you enjoy to get your mind off it it will eventually go away trust me!

Good luck

God Bless

Reactions: Jaelyn Liza
Upvote 0

Shane Plew

Cured
Jul 24, 2012
A Chair
✟15,478.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I know I'm an atheist and death is something that we have different perspectives on, but this is how I resolve death. I believe that when I die that I will cease to exist. I didn't exist before I was born, nor do I have any memories of that time. This has never bothered me so why should death? They are essentially the same.

I know that may not be helpful to a Christian, but it sure helped me when I first quit believing in an afterlife.

Upvote 0

whitebeaches

Legend
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2007
✟144,700.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Mod Hat On​

This thread has undergone a clean up due to violation of the flame rule: Do not insult, belittle, mock, goad, personally attack, threaten, harass, or use derogatory nicknames in reference to other members or groups of members. Address the context of the post, not the poster.​

If you noticed a post of yours missing it was removed in the clean up. Please remember to address the context of the post only and not to address the member. Thank you and may you have a nice day.​

Mod Hat Off​

Upvote 0

Aquadoodle

LEE <3
Dec 28, 2014
New England
✟15,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I used to have a similar problem... I was scared of death no matter what... Even though I knew I was going to go to heaven I was still scared of even the thought of death. But the thing that eased my mind was when I prayed and asked God for peace. I haven't had a problem since.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grabs Popcorn

Sep 25, 2015
England
✟15,225.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you like God and Jesus there's nothing to fear..:)
"He shall give his angels charge over you to keep you safe" (Psalm 91:11)
arms-angelB_zps33689991.jpg~original

Upvote 0

Zandy12

Life is like a rollarcoaster, just enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2015
Iowa
✟19,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Going through panic attacks must be extremely horrifying. I have dealt with bad anxiety but never full-blown panic attacks. I really hope things get better for you. Prayers that you may be healed and that instead of fearing death you may look forward toward the transition between this life to the next!

Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I saw a man dying under my eyes two years ago. It shocked me, of course, I cried like never before. But it was also one the most beautiful things I ever saw. It was the day of the sicks. This man was just in front of the Eucharist. He was something like 60, I learned after he had cancer. He was confessing and asking for God's forgiveness. At the end of the confession, he got up, looking at the Eucharist -and then he died of a heart attack. I was right off, I saw him perfectly. He didn't look scared or anything. Absolutely not: he was SMILING. I never saw any smile like this one. It was like.. Well, not sure, like a joy that couldn't even be human lived in him. He has the look of someone who saw something wonderful. During a moment after, I didn't have any fear. How could I? I remember so well this smile. Really, it was the most beautiful ever. I even dream of it. When it happens, I wake up full of peace. This man gave me hope: but not hope in the common meaning of the word. In french, we give an another name to this: espérance. Espérance means a spiritual and very strong hope in God and in infinity. Espérance is happiness. This man was happiness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Take Heart
Upvote 0

ladybug6

Apr 23, 2011
✟16,194.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I know I'm an atheist and death is something that we have different perspectives on, but this is how I resolve death. I believe that when I die that I will cease to exist. I didn't exist before I was born, nor do I have any memories of that time. This has never bothered me so why should death? They are essentially the same.

I know that may not be helpful to a Christian, but it sure helped me when I first quit believing in an afterlife.
the only problem with that is there is a afterlife and its heaven are hell

Upvote 0

ladybug6

Apr 23, 2011
✟16,194.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have for my whole life had a massive phobia of dying. I induce panic attacks in myself thinking about.
I have experienced christ twice, once as a feeling the second time as a vision, so part of me knows he is there watching over me

i need help, this phobia is interfeering with my sleep, work and music and i just want to be at peace, to not be fearful, to find my faith

if you have asked jesus to save you and forgive your sins their is nothing to be afraid of it will be like going to sleep when you wake up you will be in heaven

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

I don't think anyone can claim to not be afraid of death in one way or another. If your fear really does disturb you so much as you cannot control it - most of us, myself included, create delusions so as to give ourselves meaning - then my advice is to see a psychiatrist.

Reactions: thehehe
Upvote 0