• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟287,600.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It has been quite a while since I was down this path. We had to help my icon phot go to sleep Monday. After 12 years of close companionship.
I sure miss her.
1683733920986.png

How about others?

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟283,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It has been quite a while since I was down this path. We had to help my icon phot go to sleep Monday. After 12 years of close companionship.
I sure miss her.
View attachment 330964

How about others?
I'm thinking only a dog lover knows what it is to lose a pet dog.

I'm thinking you don't ever forget them.

I suspect getting another one helps.

You have my sympathies.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟941,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

alive2Christ

Apr 20, 2012
✟23,999.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Our cat ‘Max’ whom I used to call ‘my boy’, because he was our first boy cat, died and I was starting to sink into depression a month later. As I was sitting on my garden bench, dreading the onset of depression, a beautiful female cat came from under next door’s hedge. She is a mackerel tabby. She raises off her front paws to bump her head onto My hand. After a while I assumed she left, but when I went indoors to get some water, there she was in my living room. She came back every day after that. My boy cat’s cat flap operates by his chip and I reset it to learning mode to see if this new puss had a chip in her neck. She did so I let her use our house if she wanted a snack at night, or a snooze on a cold night. We also wondered who she belonged to. Turns out she belonged to a woman my wife worked with. She had six young kids and a dog that the cat didn’t get on with, hence the reason she stayed with us during Christmas and new year. The woman was happy she was with us and being loved. I called the cat Cleo.
I wonder if the Lord sent her to me to take away my depression? It’s a nice thought. The new puss suddenly wraps her front paws round my leg for a leg hug sometimes which delights me, because Max used to do that too.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟283,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Our cat ‘Max’ whom I used to call ‘my boy’, because he was our first boy cat, died and I was starting to sink into depression a month later. As I was sitting on my garden bench, dreading the onset of depression, a beautiful female cat came from under next door’s hedge. She is a mackerel tabby. She raises off her front paws to bump her head onto My hand. After a while I assumed she left, but when I went indoors to get some water, there she was in my living room. She came back every day after that. My boy cat’s cat flap operates by his chip and I reset it to learning mode to see if this new puss had a chip in her neck. She did so I let her use our house if she wanted a snack at night, or a snooze on a cold night. We also wondered who she belonged to. Turns out she belonged to a woman my wife worked with. She had six young kids and a dog that the cat didn’t get on with, hence the reason she stayed with us during Christmas and new year. The woman was happy she was with us and being loved. I called the cat Cleo.
I wonder if the Lord sent her to me to take away my depression? It’s a nice thought. The new puss suddenly wraps her front paws round my leg for a leg hug sometimes which delights me, because Max used to do that too.
God blesses his people in ways that are important to them.

So happy for your new find.

Reactions: alive2Christ
Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟651.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The Lord provides us with the air we breathe every day and protects us from threats we don't even know exist. I can without a single doubt say that because of His immense love for you it was His hand that brought this about. It's always worth remembering that God didn't think existence was worth making without you personally in it. He loves us so much more than we can even fathom :heart:.

But if you want some Biblical reasons as to why it was providential:
  1. It doesn't cause division with the original owner
  2. It was a boon to the original owner and provides them with comfort
  3. It came at a crucial time when you were suffering
  4. It brought relief to your soul
  5. It helps bring about peace and love in accordance with the will of God

Reactions: alive2Christ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums