Dec 8, 2007
✟840,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Well, I don't have all the details yet, but I would like to debate perfection, meaning that we can here on earth abstain completely from sin, if we should choose.

I would take to affirmative, that we can.

...that's all I got for now...

Hi:wave:,

If you don't get any takers in the next few days, I will promote this for you and hopefully we can find a worthy opponent;):thumbsup:.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I can see why it would be hard to find an opponent for this debate. "Sin" is such a broadly defined concept that even those who believe in sin don't necessarily agree on whether or not certain actions are indeed sins.

Is there any way you could narrow down the concept? If you can, I'd probably take you up on this.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟840,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I can see why it would be hard to find an opponent for this debate. "Sin" is such a broadly defined concept that even those who believe in sin don't necessarily agree on whether or not certain actions are indeed sins.

Is there any way you could narrow down the concept? If you can, I'd probably take you up on this.

Ana, feel free to suggest some parameters.:)

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ana, feel free to suggest some parameters.:)

Well honestly, I feel like I could argue along any parameters...and it would be extraordinarily hard to continue with the affirmative position. Restricting it to say, the 10 commandments would really be for Beta's benefit.

Like I said though, I would be willing to include all sins mentioned in the bible with the only restriction being that as long as I can reasonably show that the sin is considered a "sin" based upon scripture or mainstream interpretation of scripture...Beta can't claim that whatever I'm calling a sin isn't actually a sin.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Despite my name on here, its impossible to be perfect. The bible makes that clear. Even Jesus was tempted by sin so if he was tempted then we have no chance. Not to mention if we could be perfect then we wouldn't need Jesus to die for our sins. Although in that case it means the apple wouldn't have been bitten and we wouldn't have sin in the world.

Going by your past posts there are a few sins you've committed on here by some of your words.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.