Pennsylvania community outraged over transgender student with ‘hit list’ beating female student

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟221,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Emily, a female student at Pennbrook Middle School and a friend of the victim, told the school board last Thursday that she was “second on his hit list” and recounted that she had begged for help from school officials numerous times before the attack.
Here again is a double standard, promoting all of these woke policies above the rights others.

• Wow
Reactions: Mark Quayle

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Emily, a female student at Pennbrook Middle School and a friend of the victim, told the school board last Thursday that she was “second on his hit list” and recounted that she had begged for help from school officials numerous times before the attack.
Here again is a double standard, promoting all of these woke policies above the rights others.
Oh, lookie, another “outlier is the new norm” thread.

From yon article:

A Pennbrook student’s mother, Alyssa Santiago, confirmed to a local radio show that the violent student was known to be a biological male and there were yearbook photos of the student before transitioning to a transgender female.

The mother said the transgender student had been transferred to the school “two days” before the incident happened on Wednesday and by Tuesday, the students knew of a “hit list.”

So we have a yearbook for a school that has a picture of the young perpetrator, which she’s also only transferred to two days before the alleged altercation, and in those two days knew enough about her classmates to have a “hit-list”.

I will await further details.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

I have become comfortably numb.
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟261,446.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Whut? It's a story about a violent kid. Period. Google 'kid assaulted in school' and you'll get page after page of locally reported incidents. Apparently the young thug was a Catholic, Philly Eagles supporter, left handed and didn't like Mexican food. For the life of me I can't understand why that obviously relevant information wasn't reported.

Can you possibly shed some light on that?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟568,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Another school does nothing to stop violence and bullying.

Thank you for only caring about it when the perpetrator is allegedly transgendered.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟216,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Whut? It's a story about a violent kid. Period. Google 'kid assaulted in school' and you'll get page after page of locally reported incidents. Apparently the young thug was a Catholic, Philly Eagles supporter, left handed and didn't like Mexican food. For the life of me I can't understand why that obviously relevant information wasn't reported.

Can you possibly shed some light on that?
What, left-handed? Everyone knows lefty = sinister.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟376,406.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The fact that the student is transgender means nothing to this story. Clearly this is a student with some mental health issues given the history of violence and there was certainly some ball dropping by the school, but that's about all to comment on in this story.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟568,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, lookie, another “outlier is the new norm” thread.

From yon article:

A Pennbrook student’s mother, Alyssa Santiago, confirmed to a local radio show that the violent student was known to be a biological male and there were yearbook photos of the student before transitioning to a transgender female.

The mother said the transgender student had been transferred to the school “two days” before the incident happened on Wednesday and by Tuesday, the students knew of a “hit list.”

So we have a yearbook for a school that has a picture of the young perpetrator, which she’s also only transferred to two days before the alleged altercation, and in those two days knew enough about her classmates to have a “hit-list”.

I will await further details.
That does seem pretty quick for the development of a "hit list," but my reading of it was that the yearbook was from a prior school.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟340,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Philadelphia Inquirer's article (The North Penn School District was warned, parents say, before a middle-schooler was attacked with a metal Stanley mug) and the local CBS coverage (Students say Stanley cup used in attack at Pennsylvania middle school; teen charged) do not mention the assailant's gender, nor whether the assailant was left handed. The reporters and the school appear to be concerned with due process and privacy of a minor.

As to the "double standard" mentioned in the OP, according to the Inquirer
The victim, a 12-year-old, was taken by ambulance to the hospital following the Wednesday incident and required staples to close the head wound, according to Upper Gwynedd Police Chief David Duffy. The 13-year-old assailant was charged as a juvenile with aggravated assault, reckless endangerment, simple assault, and related crimes.

The victim received medical care, and the assailant was charged with crimes. Should the response have been something different?

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟102,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The victim received medical care, and the assailant was charged with crimes. Should the response have been something different?
There needs to be a thorough investigation into which bathroom the kid used.

-- A2SG, leave no stone unturned!!!

Upvote 0