• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

PCOS with no insurance?

lanieloo

Hold on Tight
Feb 19, 2012
Chicago, IL, USA
Visit site
✟7,727.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I was so excited to see a whole section dedicated to PCOS here! I have been diagnosed since I was 14 (almost 10 years now) and have been on birth control for it ever since. I'm a college student now with zero healthcare and zero dollars (literally, I have $6 in my bank account). I'm due for another yearly and I can't afford to have it (not even at Planned Parenthood... where it's cheaper). I've been off for about three weeks now and, aside from a little bit of cramping and pain (usually goes away with two Tylenol) I've been okay.

Has anyone else ever been off birth control with PCOS? What are your experiences? Should I be worried?

Thanks!

xDanielle

In the beginning...
Mar 17, 2012
McMinnville, TN
✟15,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was excited to see this forum as well, sadly it's not too active. I was just diagnosed with PCOS this year but have had it longer. I just started birth control in March and am having problems of my own with that, so I can't answer your question.

Upvote 0
Jan 31, 2009
West Plains Missouri
✟8,320.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I really do not know what to tell you either, but my daughter has this without any insurance. I know what it is like. her ovary twisted inside from a tennis ball size cyst and she had to have surgery. 1 day in hospital and one night. 25,000$ it is so wrong that you get bad credit for only paying a few $ on your medical bills a month. Extortion. I have been years without insurance with medical conditions also. I feel for you.

Upvote 0