Visit site
✟1,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
i got to thinking the other day after having a serious discussion with my uncle who is a pastor that being a pastor's neice is a lot like being a pk. granted its not 24/7 around the clock breathing it, sleeping it, eating it whatever type of deal. Its still amazing. I know pastors are human too....I guess im just so thankful for my aunt and uncle who are pastors that it overwhelms me. Its like when im confused about something... even though i do talk to God.....theyre my sounding board and its just nice to know that in my family there is someone i can go to and share things with and they'll understand... well most of the time.... lol... to all our pastors out there... Youre Awesome... keep it up! Anyone else out there thats a neice or nephew to a pastor?

Nessie

The Prodigal Daughter
Apr 12, 2004
USA
Visit site
✟1,712.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
My uncle is a pastor... I didn't live near them most of my life, though, just for about a month one summer so it didn't affect me much.

As a teenager I was taken in and pretty much adopted by the pastor of my church, so in a same way I know what you mean. I'm not a technical pk and I don't feel pressure like many say they do (though my pastor is very good at making it clear to both his natural kids and me that no one is perfect but Jesus and that we don't have to try to be). Nevertheless, being the adopted pk or as one of my pk friends likes to joke "half-pk", you still get to see what goes on in the pastors home; the counseling, the stress, etc, and you still deal with hurts that come when some saint gets offended and you hear them say something mean about your pastor/parent/uncle, and you're more likely to be blamed when a snowball gets thrown down the hallway at the church or the youth group decides to TP the pastors home.

I wouldn't trade it for the world.

My pastor says he thinks the way God made everything work could be a sign that God wanted me to see what it's like in a pastor's home so I would be prepared for someday when I marry someone who becomes a pastor. Hmmm. Who knows? Maybe? When I was a lil girl I always used to pretend I was a pastor's wife...

Upvote 0
Nov 11, 2003
California
Visit site
✟1,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
wow. thats sooo cool... see i think thats what makes a great pastor.... someone who takes time to care for others and not be afraid to *adopt* ya know? I used to think i was going to marry a Pastor... but ive kidna given up on that dream....

Upvote 0