Pastor says his mentally troubled wife died by suicide, but some refuse to believe

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,751,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Police in North Carolina are investigating the death of Mica Miller, the wife of Pastor John-Paul Miller of Solid Rock at Market Common in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, who was found with a bullet wound to her head at Lumber River State Park in Robeson County last Saturday as her widower comes under a barrage of suspicion online.

Major Damien McLean of Robeson County Sheriff's Office told ABC15 News that officers are gathering information from people who knew the late 30-year-old pastor’s wife to understand how she died.

Last Sunday, just hours after her body was found, Pastor Miller announced to his congregation in a viral video that his wife died by suicide even though investigators have not yet confirmed an official cause of death.

Continued below.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,751,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,751,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,751,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
During an interview with The Christian Post, Pastor Miller explained that his late wife was diagnosed with "bipolar II, schizophrenic and dependent personality disorder" in 2017, which he sought to manage with lithium and significant support following the diagnosis.

The treatment, however, made her gain weight or caused her to slur; Pastor Miller noted that his late wife stopped taking the medication after the wife of a well-meaning pastor friend prayed for her and believed that Mica Miller's mental illness would go away despite having no prior knowledge of mental illness.

"I took care of her through every time she went to the mental institute. I took care of her every time she stopped taking her lithium. I would never expose this stuff [about] her if I didn't have to now, but every time she tried to kill herself, I would be there. I would literally sometimes pick her up physically, put her in the truck, take her to the [hospital]," Miller said with a slight crack in his voice.

Pastor Miller told The Christian Post he took his wife to probate court a few weeks ago to get her hospitalized, but the court stated that she couldn't be forced to go because she wasn't a danger to others.

"Nobody believed me when I told them that she was having a psychotic break. She would have never left. She would have never done what she did. They wouldn't believe me. I have 48 text messages that I sent out saying she needs her lithium; somebody help me, please. And no one believed me," the grieving pastor said.

"Everybody thought I was a demon for trying to take her to probate court and get her put in a hospital. I told her family I have text messages, over and over, I told her family she needs her medicine. They told me I'm crazy. She doesn't need any medicine. I text messaged her, but they sent her saying, it makes you fat or it makes you slur. Or you shouldn't take your meds, or you just need something holistic, you don't need what the doctors say."

Yikes! :(

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,751,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status