May 4, 2005
Queens, NY
Visit site
✟16,182.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
I wanted to get the ball rolling on PeterPaul's idea of a Pass the Book Club so i figured I'd start off :)

Up for passing around is a copy of Where We got the Bible: Our Debt to the Catholic Church written by Bishop Henry G. Graham.
  • Are Catholics anti-Bible?
  • Who compiled biblical text?
  • Who organized the text?
  • How was the Bible preserved?
  • What role does the Bible play in the Catholic faith?
Learn the origins of the Bible and trace the role of the Catholic Church in compiling, preserving, and revering the Bible throughout history in Where We Got the Bible.

Bishop Graham refutes charges that the Catholic Church is somehow opposed to Scripture. This edition also includes Bishop Graham's conversion story -- a compelling account of how this Calvinist minister was drawn to the Catholic faith and eventually became a bishop.

If you love the written word of God, you owe it to yourself to read this book and learn about the Bible's history -- and the Church's important role in preserving and promoting (not opposing) sacred Scripture.
RULES:
We'll start off small just to see how this goes at first.

First six people that are interested in reading this book who respond to this thread will be in. You get to hold onto the book for up to 1 month from the time you receive it (In other words, it should be returning to me in approx. 6 months) and then you mail it on to the next person on the list.

When you respond to the thread, Private Message your mailing address to the person ahead of you on the list. I will PM my address to the last person on the list for them to mail the book back to me.

Also, please include a slip of paper with your CF user name and any comments you may have about the book. When the book returns to me, I'll post up all the comments we receive (If you are not worried about anonymity, include your city and state also so we can see where the book had traveled to).

Status
Not open for further replies.