London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The statistics are brutal. Many police officers are good people, but a significant number among them are drunk with power. It's so very sad that this isn't raised in the church. When will the church come to its senses. Mention BLM in church and you may be censured. The secular world is slowly but surely becoming more moral than us! I see secular movements leading the way on basic moral issues.

Somehow we've decided that we only need to love God and love the neighbours whom we approve of. Everyone else can, literally, go to hell.It's as if the bible were handed to us with the sermon on the mount redacted. When did a sense of responsibility become a divine mystery??

1) Don't shoot, I'm disabled
2)Risk of being killed by police use of force in the United States by age, race–ethnicity, and sex
F1.large.jpg

Reactions: iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The secular world is slowly but surely becoming more moral than us! I see secular movements leading the way on basic moral issues.

That's one of the sadder aspects of this. It's clear that much of the pursuit of "morality" from the evangelical church is really just an effort to control others. A lot of "woke" millennial culture hews pretty closely to a repackaging of Christian virtues but instead of embracing this shift and promoting the virtues they claim to believe, the church is objecting to it, seeking to preserve existing power structures (including their Republican-affiliated political power).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The statistics are brutal. Many police officers are good people, but a significant number among them are drunk with power. It's so very sad that this isn't raised in the church. When will the church come to its senses. Mention BLM in church and you may be censured. The secular world is slowly but surely becoming more moral than us! I see secular movements leading the way on basic moral issues.

Somehow we've decided that we only need to love God and love the neighbours whom we approve of. Everyone else can, literally, go to hell.It's as if the bible were handed to us with the sermon on the mount redacted. When did a sense of responsibility become a divine mystery??

2)Risk of being killed by police use of force in the United States by age, race–ethnicity, and sex
F1.large.jpg

The church is charged with the agency of calling sinners out of the world, and the 'edification of the saints', not saving the secular world that is bent on it's own destruction. We can make suggestions but should keep our distance.

• Agree
Reactions: actionsub
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's one of the sadder aspects of this. It's clear that much of the pursuit of "morality" from the evangelical church is really just an effort to control others. A lot of "woke" millennial culture hews pretty closely to a repackaging of Christian virtues but instead of embracing this shift and promoting the virtues they claim to believe, the church is objecting to it, seeking to preserve existing power structures (including their Republican-affiliated political power).

It's becoming harder to distinguish between the visible church and the world. Curious.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

F1.large.jpg

Criminal behavior and non-compliance to police authority increases the risk of harm or death at the hands of the police for all groups.

Upvote 0