• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Admin Announcement Our Partnership with Faithful Counseling - Feedback Thread!

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi everyone! Most of you by now have received a private message regarding our recent partnership with Faithful Counseling. We wanted to create a thread here on the forum for people to ask any questions and leave any feedback they have.

We know that the forums are a great source of help but we have always wanted to offer more for those that would like real one on one time with a licensed professional. We also wanted to have it be affordable. That is where Faithful Counseling has come in. We are very strict on who we allow to advertise to our members. We don't want you to feel like you are being marketed to non stop. We do feel very good about this company and the service they offer so we are happy to team up with them and offer this for all our members here!

What Is Faithful Counseling?

Faithful Counseling is a professional mental health service that allows users to connect with licensed therapists that share a Christian background. By combining Biblical wisdom with clinical expertise in mental health, their counselors do their best to invite God into the conversation and formulate actionable plans that best address the unique challenges their clients face. Their goal is to holistically improve clients’ well-being, so that they may feel mentally, emotionally, and spiritually healthy.

In order to provide the best experience possible, their unique online platform holds several benefits over traditional face-to-face therapy. On Faithful Counseling, you have access to communicate with your counselor through scheduled video sessions and phone calls, plus unlimited messaging with your counselor at any time. Users may connect via a computer, tablet or smartphone, depending on their preference.

They operate as a monthly subscription service, providing access to counseling at drastically more affordable rates than traditional, session-based pricing.

You can check out more of their information at Faithful Counseling.

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello

Thank you for offering this information as there are many here who have posted that they have no where to go and are in a crisis.

It is most dreadful to be struggling late at night and nothing is open except the 24 hour crisis line.

Online counseling can be a god send in this type of situation.

1) Are any of the CF staff on the staff at this site?

2) May I use this website as an answer to anyones cry for help in one of the CF forums?

3) May I literally use the words, " I advise" followed by the website address?

4) My understanding is that we do not allow anyone to say they advise any kind of medical or psychological treatment without incurring a violation charge.

Please give me permission to say "I advise this website" so I can help those ppl who are feeling so desperate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi Hope,

Happy to answer your questions.

1. There are not as of now. Everyone you will interact with on Faithful Counseling is a licensed therapist.
  2. Faithful Counseling is meant to be a supplement to any help that is given here. It is meant to be a 1 on 1 counseling opportunity with trained and educated Christian professionals. I do believe that this would be helpful as a long term solution for someone looking for help but it should not be used in an emergency situation.
  3. Faithful Counseling is meant to be simply an option of possibly many that people can use. It certainly could be recommended but it should not be considered the only option. There are many other services out there but this is one that we are personally comfortable with letting on here due to conversations with Faithful Counseling.
  4. My suggestion would be to open a support ticket so that we can specifically address your concerns regarding rules and you potentially recommending Faithful Counseling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pawnraider

Nov 22, 2007
✟24,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Interesting. When I signed up I answered a list of questions one of which asked what faith I am or something like that and I specified "Protestant". I was paired with someone from the LDS church almost immediately. I then asked for a counselor closer to my faith preference. It's taking them some time to find someone else.

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Proverbs 11:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
14 Where there is no counsel, the people fall;
But in the multitude of counselors there is safety.

I am in favor of this possibility for everyone here. I personally see a Christian counselor in person and have had some really wonderful sessions with her. I am in favor of this. I imagine that doing this online would be convenient for those who have no such option in face to face life.

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

2 CORINTHIANS 1:3-4 is also a good example of how God uses a person to comfort another person.

God Offers Comfort to All
3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. 4 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Interesting. When I signed up I answered a list of questions one of which asked what faith I am or something like that and I specified "Protestant". I was paired with someone from the LDS church almost immediately. I then asked for a counselor closer to my faith preference. It's taking them some time to find someone else.

Hi @pawnraider, just wanted to follow up to see if you were able to get the person you wanted?

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

pawnraider

Nov 22, 2007
✟24,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi @pawnraider, just wanted to follow up to see if you were able to get the person you wanted?
Well, I was finally given a person who believes it is important to have Christian beliefs and that they be used to effect positive changes in a person's life but it doesn't say anything about whether the person is a Christian or not. Not sure about this.

Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, I was finally given a person who believes it is important to have Christian beliefs and that they be used to effect positive changes in a person's life but it doesn't say anything about whether the person is a Christian or not. Not sure about this.

Thanks for the feedback. I encourage you to also keep providing it to Faithful Counseling. Feel free to reach out to me privately if you need anything and I will make sure I can get you in touch with someone that can help you.

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I got someone who is mormon even though I am Apostolic Christian. Should we stick to people with the exact same faith? I'm kind of desperate. I'm very depressed.
I'm sorry you are going through tough times:heart:

I'm encouraged by your attempt to seek online help.

As a previous poster recommended, maybe try and ask for a counselor closer to your beliefs.

Personally, I'm done with anyone who is not a spirit filled follower of the living lord trying to claim they are a christian counselor.

I'm done with the truth being that they just value the 10 commandments and prayer and meditation-but do not know messiah!

There is a big difference between just being a good person who obeys the ten commandments and someone who knows Jesus!

Reactions: Brent W
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Doesn't look like they let me change counselors not seeing that option :/.

I'm sure its an option, at least pawnraider found it if you look at the above posts...

Just write them a note and make a request?

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I got a different counselor. I'm still new to everything. Supposed to be a one week trial free it's trying to charge me but it's not that much so I night just pay.

I really can't say if this is worth it not or yet. I might need a lot more help than an online counselor can give. I have bad social anxiety to the point where I have crying fits and panic attacks so I'm wondering if maybe group therapy whenever I can afford it may be better. Social anxiety institute also has this thing Dr Richards came up with that is online treatment. I might try that again... I often get the feeling that my problems are too much for counselors maybe it's just me idk.

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I got a different counselor. I'm still new to everything. Supposed to be a one week trial free it's trying to charge me but it's not that much so I night just pay.

I really can't say if this is worth it not or yet. I might need a lot more help than an online counselor can give. I have bad social anxiety to the point where I have crying fits and panic attacks so I'm wondering if maybe group therapy whenever I can afford it may be better. Social anxiety institute also has this thing Dr Richards came up with that is online treatment. I might try that again... I often get the feeling that my problems are too much for counselors maybe it's just me idk.

Glad you were able to get a new counselor. Hope it ends up working for you.

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

try several different things and keep note of what is helpful

mix it up a bit

get out there and keep what works and leave the rest:heartpulse:

Upvote 0