Simcha

a.k.a. BeadieJay
Jun 24, 2003
England
Visit site
✟260.00
Faith
Messianic
wow, those look fantastic, but I can imagine the whole thing taking a lot of work....it will be well worth it when you finish though.

That's a shame you couldn't see my cards, I'll have to see if I can post some pictures somewhere else....will work on it tomorrow, it's nearly 10:00pm here in the UK and tomorrow is the kids' last day at school, so that means the last day till September that I have to be up really early!!!

talk to you tomorrow :D

Upvote 0

Simcha

a.k.a. BeadieJay
Jun 24, 2003
England
Visit site
✟260.00
Faith
Messianic
just seeing if this will work

Attachments

• kimono2.jpg
    kimono2.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Kimono.jpg
    Kimono.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0

quicksilver

Attending World Cup 2006
I can put up with the difficulty of the work, but what gets to me is how much room all of this takes up. I've got different color and texture paper everywhere, my cutter on the table, chasing my cat away from previous and current works. Trying to find a place to eat is hard when origami takes up the table.....oh well.

Upvote 0

Simcha

a.k.a. BeadieJay
Jun 24, 2003
England
Visit site
✟260.00
Faith
Messianic
quicksilver said:
I can put up with the difficulty of the work, but what gets to me is how much room all of this takes up. I've got different color and texture paper everywhere, my cutter on the table, chasing my cat away from previous and current works. Trying to find a place to eat is hard when origami takes up the table.....oh well.

hee hee, I know exactly what you mean, there is never another space for everything we need to do our craft!! :rolleyes: Don't you find that all those little bits of paper have a habit of multiplying when you're not looking LOL

btw, thanks for the comments about my kimonos :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Simcha

a.k.a. BeadieJay
Jun 24, 2003
England
Visit site
✟260.00
Faith
Messianic
now that I know how to post pictures, thought I'd show a couple more examples of the origami that I do for my cards

The first one is an oriental fan, which is very simple to do.

The next is called teabag folding....it's a form of origami, where you take 8 squares of paper, all exactly the same size, and you fold them all exactly the same way (and some of the folds are really complicated and not at all easy to do!!) :scratch: and then you stick all the folded squares together to make the design that's in the middle of the cards.

Well, my description sounds as clear as mud.....if anyone's seriously interested I can dig out some sites with better examples.

Attachments

• Fan card swap3.jpg
    Fan card swap3.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 58
  • birds.jpg
    birds.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 66
  • butterflies.jpg
    butterflies.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0