PottersHands

Jan 4, 2017
Minnesota
✟24,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just out of curiosity, is anyone here familiar with the writings of Malachi Martin?

If so, what are your opinions of them?

I definitely wouldn't go looking for experiences like he had. I read his book on deliverance and it was very intense.

Upvote 0

mea kulpa

Benedictine Traditional Catholic
Feb 9, 2016
united kingdom
✟39,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just out of curiosity, is anyone here familiar with the writings of Malachi Martin?

Heard about him years ago. Never read any of his books but heard a lot of his interviews.

The circles i was moving in back then non catholic people would link to his testimonies as evidence of corruption in the catholic faith... i would only listen to about 5min or so and dismiss him as some sort of defrocked priest with a grudge against the church.

You see i have no practicing catholic friends i was not involved with parish life the only contact with fellow catholics was through my work in the pro life movement and everyone was very devout and very orthodox.

I was only begining to learn the faith and i did not learn it from anyone all my learning i took upon myself i.e read the popes etc.

I bought theology books etc bought a teach yourself catholic apologetics course... I would never have dared talk to catholics about the faith back then out of fear of being discovered how ignorant of the faith i was. But being in the pro life movement i had to learn.

I was kind of outside of the church in a way and from the outside the perspective of the church was business as usual no real evidence of internal conflict.

It was not until pope francis that i became aware there was even a problem and not until i came here that i started discussing the faith with fellow catholics.

But what this crisis has shown me is that a lot of what i rejected in my learning has to be re examined

Father Martins interviews now seem a bit more realistic to say the least.

Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Yes, VERY familiar with his works. Wonderful writer, I would say "inspired". He lived in troublous times and had an inside view to much of the mayhem that was and is infecting the Western world on the political and religious level.
I would take all he had to say VERY seriously.

• Informative
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Wigglesworth

Simple Chicken Farmer
Aug 21, 2004
Visit site
✟17,933.00
Faith
Charismatic
Just finished Windswept House. He was writing about the plot to force a papal resignation back in the 90's. He also sets forth the reason for church scandals, being Satan's effectiveness in fighting the church by corrupting her from within.

I read Keys of This Blood a while ago. It's a great primer on geopolitics and the church's real position among the warring empires.

His books are long but good. Several of his interviews are on YouTube.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟255,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

I remember reading "Deliver Us from Evil" a few years ago and the author mentioned him a few times. I personally do not have much opinion. I admire the fact that he mentioned Satan. Many people today, IMO, forget about eternal damnation and Satan and basically make God look like an old grandfather who doesn't care much about his creation. :(

Upvote 0