Visit site
✟842,999.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
We've seen at least one person with that sentiment tattooed on their bodies at least once in our lifetime, yes? The question I wanted to ask about this is:

Do you think that this phrase is used to justify poor choices in life above all, by some people, these days? I often see people using it as such in a defensive manner. Or is that just me reading into it? As usual, no disrespect meant by asking this, but asking for input, for ideas to refine my perspective.
Paul said that concerning the way he went about things he didn't allow anyone to judge him. He didn't even judge himself, but left the judgment to his Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Of course if you are doing something that could cause you harm or bring the Gospel into disrepute, then the Bible gives provision for someone you trust to come to you and point the thing out, If you listen to that person and put things right, then all is well. If you refuse to listen he can bring another person to remind you of your fault. This is God's way of using a loving brother or sister to give godly correction.

But some random person coming to you to try and sort you out because of something they have heart through gossip is quite another matter, and you can give them the bum's rush. And if that person has upset you, you can go to a trusted brother or sister in Christ to get advice.

So, godly correction and advice is not judgment.

Upvote 0