troybionic

Sep 20, 2015
philippines
✟8,316.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
i was once a wanderer. I go to church just to get it over with. It felt like it was a duty, an obligation that I have to go through once a week. I didn't even read the bible. It was always a struggle to wake up every Sunday. It was a relief when my previous job required me to work on Sundays.

But God made a way for me to quit work. For a year, I felt empty. No steady income. I was working freelance jobs.

Last month, a horrendous event changed me. Even though I wasn't a good Christian then, I still had my conscience and I still had a relationship with God through prayers. But what happened a month ago made me depressed, had anxieties, made me think of myself as dirty, immoral, not fit to be a son of God anymore. It was very depressing and heartbreaking for me. I felt guilty and worried. Fear took over me. Thank God for that incident tho. I questioned God why it happened. Why he made me do it. Reading the bible and some Christian books opened my eyes. It was meant to happen for me to change. To not quit on God. I began reading the bible again. I started listening to Christian music again. I believe that when God works in your life, you have to choice. You feel this heat inside you, this burning desire to change, to share your experiences to your Christian friends. It enlightens you. I believe God has a purpose. I now believe that he really works in mysterious ways.

Now I go to church every Sunday feeling excited and happy. I don't even get sleepy anymore or pretend that I'm listening. Because I have this hunger in me to learn more. To know more. To be a better Christian and son of God.

Hope Anyone who reads this can learn a lesson. Feel free to reach out if you wanna talk or share your experiences with me.

Sarah Lui

Sep 5, 2015
✟7,758.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the sharing! It encourages me not giving up on my faith easily! I had my stuggle in life and still don't know why God allowed it to be happened....I had talked to Him, but cannot figure out the answer ....I hope I can stay strong in my faith and perhaps I can get the answer from Him finally.=)

Reactions: troybionic
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the sharing! It encourages me not giving up on my faith easily! I had my stuggle in life and still don't know why God allowed it to be happened....I had talked to Him, but cannot figure out the answer ....I hope I can stay strong in my faith and perhaps I can get the answer from Him finally.=)
Hi there Sarah Lui:

If we develop a daily prayerful Bible reading habit with a living faith in the Lord Jesus, we may find that God's Word starts to give us many answers to questions we have! :)

Reactions: Sarah Lui
Upvote 0