-= + Olin's Request OOC Thread +=-

Jon Brae

Per Ardua Ad Astra...
Battle Rules & Guidlines

JB will decide when battles begin and when they end.

Here's how battle's will work:

When JB initiates a battle. If the enemy snuck up on the group, the enemy will attack first, otherwise, the players may choose which enemy to attack and post their attacking phrase.

Players may not decide the fate of the enemy or the amount of damage they do.

Battles damages are compiled by a dice program run by JB.

When a player decides to attack an enemy, JB will roll two dice. The sum of those dice will be the damage done. Then, a second single die will be rolled. If that die lands on a 6, the player' hit is then doubled and is a critical hit. If the secondary roll lands on a 1, the player misses and does no damage.

This same procedure is done for all enemy attacks as well. (Stronger enemies will use more than two die or the die may have more then 6 faces. The strength of the enemy will be set by JB.)

The player may also choose to defend his turn. The player will not attack, and the next time he is attacked by the enemy, the enemy will only roll with one dice instead of two. (Or half the amount of dice that enemy is using.)

These rules will be tweaked as I think of more but these are good for now. :)

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
sounds interesting.... mind you, i haven't tried this type of role play before, so please forgive me if i made a mistake. :)

another note, since i only get to make one post per day due to time zone difference, i think it would be best if you took control of Kaliorn on trivial matters, um.. just to keep the story moving.

Upvote 0

Jon Brae

Per Ardua Ad Astra...
Thanks for the heads up guys, I will try to keep the story moving as best I can with what I have to work with. Trust me, there's a reason I don't try to create this epic adventure that spans generations. You can see how long it takes even a small quest to get anywhere. Thats why I like to keep it as short as possible.

Anyways, we'll just see what happens and if it works, it works, if not ah well. ;)

Upvote 0

Jon Brae

Per Ardua Ad Astra...
JesusFreak4554 said:
Hey JB, I am going to be gone tomorrow morning untill sunday, so feel free to post for my character untill then. I will take control back sunday, probably in the night.

Flames said:
...I will be going out of town on Sunday and be back on Saturday night.

So as soon as Roland returns, Sulgar leaves...
odd.gif

This short quest may take us quite a long time. Perhaps we should slow the pace down a bit so it doesn't feel so rushed. Perhaps we should wait till Sunday or Monday to start the journey and then take it slow until Sulgar catches up.
shrugani.gif

Edit: Well what I will do is just work with whoever is around and then let the other person come in when back. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Flames

Jul 7, 2003
✟835.00
Faith
Christian
I guess an option also is that we move the quest forward and when I leave this sunday, we can kill off my character, unless you think enough idle space would happen in a week. I have to take my youth group to camp, so that is why Ill be gone. Can't avoid it. Sorry guys. I am a dedicated player in this though. I would really like to do another quest though when this one ends, change up my character and everything.

Upvote 0