Old Computers

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟432,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Windows 7 is still ok to use but security is questionable when going online. I have a PC running Windows 7 but it doesn't get connected to the internet. I just use it to run some Ham radio software and programming DMR/PMR handie talkies. On my main computer I also have a Windows 7 partition to play any semi modern PC games thay might take my fancy otherwise I use Linux for the internet side of things.
True. I love windows 7 too but it just doesn't have the updated drivers and software I need to stay productive on a pc.

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟105,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We have a computer, an old Del with Windows 7, that will not update to any other version of Windows. Flight controllers for RC planes have to be programmed on a computer. Some of the Controllers will only program on Windows 7.
We found the computer on Craigs List. It was owned by a computer repair man who was surprised it would not update, which we like just fine. It was practically brand new, barely used, when we bought it last year. Lucky find!

Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One thing I would love to do is build a system just to play GTA4/5 and other car games on and I have the hardware to build a PC to do that but I want to go further and get an old car that has been written off the road for cheap, get its fuel tank & lines removed and turn it into a GTA5 simulator car with hydraulics so that it moves with the game and its possible to do. I have drawn up various electronic schematic diagrams of how it would work with a PC. The main challenge is getting a vehicle inside my home lol I guess I could always bring it in, in parts then rebuild it inside.

Reactions: QvQ
Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟432,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We have a computer, an old Del with Windows 7, that will not update to any other version of Windows. Flight controllers for RC planes have to be programmed on a computer. Some of the Controllers will only program on Windows 7.
We found the computer on Craigs List. It was owned by a computer repair man who was surprised it would not update, which we like just fine. It was practically brand new, barely used, when we bought it last year. Lucky find!
That pc is a perfect candidate for Linux Mint if your ever interested.

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟105,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The computer is set to handle the RC Planes so no one touches it for now. Maybe in the future there will be a time to try Linux. I do know the computer fixer who sold it tried to install several different operating systems and none would install.
I may try to run some old games and my original copy of Paint Shop Pro but as long as the planes need the computer for programming, the system is dedicated..for now.
Thanks for the suggestion. Windows 7 is valuable as is and the computer is mint condition. I hope this new Alienware Del is half the machine that old del laptop is.

Upvote 0