Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
O.J. Simpson — who became one of the most infamous figures in the US during his murder trial in the ’90s — has died after a cancer battle.

The former NFL star died Wednesday in Las Vegas, his family confirmed. He was 76.

“On April 10th, our father, Orenthal James Simpson, succumbed to his battle with cancer,” the family wrote on X on Thursday.

“He was surrounded by his children and grandchildren. During this time of transition, his family asks that you please respect their wishes for privacy and grace,” the brief statement added.

Continued below.

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟104,764.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
I'm sorry for Nicole's children; they cruelly lost their mother while they were alseep mere feet away and probably have confused and complicated feelings about their father who is also now gone. I hope they have peace.

Last edited:
Reactions: crixus
Upvote 0

jacorian

Dec 27, 2022
New England
✟15,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Will the Simpson saga ever let us get on with our lives or are there deeper lessons from it? Indeed there are. First, the basic tenet missed in all of this was the issue of domestic abuse which was apparently dismissed by the power of the jury. They deemed it more important to retaliate against the justice system for taking on a black man, one of many who they deemed victim in our long & crazy history as a country. They missed the concept of doing justice. So much for our education system which does not develop critical reasoning. It begs the question. Why is there blood where there should be no blood? And what other possible conniving criminal could have planned & pulled off the perfect crime with all its gore & don't forget it appears the victims were stalked perfectly. Then we have the justice system which often has let down poor people but it never eludes the rich & famous. So much for restraining orders yet another govt failure by an institution that claims to look out for all Americans but can't honestly find itself out of a paper bag. The two victims never had a chance. Their lives were snuffed out at a young age. I have to ask the Lord why? What does it accomplish? Why was the perpetrator allowed to get away with so much for so long? Where is there glory in this or reconciliation? What happened to the knight in shining armor & chivalry? It was replaced by principles of possessiveness. She became a trophy wife. Who would relish that role? The verdict divided a nation because of the way it was arrived at. The weight of evidence was overwhelming in spite of police mistakes. We know about the blood stuff. The gloves acquit. If one viewed the film-envision this. Does a piece of clothing have to fit perfectly in order to accomplish some task. Maybe it was done purposely. Also the action of platelets in the blood is to clot by use of fibrinogen-this is the protein that essentially threads a wound together-in other words it binds & draws tissues inward in a shrinking fashion. Imagine peeling potatos at one's sink & accidently cutting oneself. You reach for the first thing you can to apply direct pressure. Well that first thing could have a crampled up tin foil wrap that held an English muffin, or the soggy label you removed from the Skippy jar as you prep it for recycle. You grab what you grab. Who cares if it has a fit? Jury nullification is what took place & yes it does happen at times & that is not by any means what turns my stomach here. Sometimes nullification happens for a greater reason but I deem that this was not the case to apply it. Instead race was weaponized here to appropriate a greater verdict but actually it did more harm than good. It placed us all into victim identity boxes again. It allowed Satan to deceive & the victims to perish. This is where I'm stuck. They perished. Where is the glory in that? Why must we wait for karma? What does that gain us? OJ Simpson lost his battle at a fairly young age in our era. Cancer. God forbid we cure that? He was relatively youthful. I had a feeling God had something to do with it. But I'm tired of these good v evil battles that plague our world. Nothing good happens anymore. Satan is winning & that is what scares me. It's just so depressing.

Upvote 0

Big_Sinner

Apr 18, 2024
Maribor
Visit site
✟839.00
Country
Slovenia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Did he ever show remorse for what he did?
None of us knows the repentance of another person. It's entirely possible that the gentleman was capable of such strong repentance for his sins at the end of his days that right now in the kingdom he is praying for us. We are all sinners. God has open doors for each one of us.

Upvote 0