NY Gov. Kathy Hochul defends going to slain NYPD Detective Jonathan Diller’s wake after being told ‘his blood is on your hands’

Aug 29, 2005
✟184,210.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
My mind boggles at the illogic of our media at times. They thumped Trump for going as a purely political stunt, while salivating at the troves of cash Biden brought in that same day.
This is comparing apples to oranges. Biden held a political fund-raiser, whereas Donald attended a WAKE, and called for law and order when it has already been established that Donald is a law breaker and an agent of chaos, not order. There is no illogical anything coming from the press. I am questioning the logic of the post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟584,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is comparing apples to oranges. Biden held a political fund-raiser, whereas Donald attended a WAKE, and called for law and order when it has already been established that Donald is a law breaker and an agent of chaos, not order. There is no illogical anything coming from the press. I am questioning the logic of the post.
You know when you say things like "it is established that Donald is a law breaker and an agent of chaos, not order" it comes across as pure ad hominem and devoid of any engagement with the post contents itself. What law was Trump breaking when he attended this funeral? What chaos was he sowing? The point of my post was not to point fingers at Biden; but to highlight the utter disdain the media shows towards Trump, even when he is doing something that shows compassion. The world is a lot more nuanced that the media echo chamber.

• Agree
Reactions: QvQ
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,210.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
You know when you say things like "it is established that Donald is a law breaker and an agent of chaos, not order" it comes across as pure ad hominem and devoid of any engagement with the post contents itself.
He is a law-breaker. He was found liable for fraud, and sexually assaulter of a woman, and had his followers injure over 100 cops on Jan 6th. He is the opposite of law and order, which is chaos. Go ahead and prove any of that wrong.

What law was Trump breaking when he attended this funeral?
I never said he did. What he did do is try to show he is pro-police when we all see what he says about the criminals in prison who beat police....he calls them hostages. Deplorable
The point of my post was not to point fingers at Biden;
You did point a finger at him while making a poor comparison, and topped it off with an ad hominem against the press.
but to highlight the utter disdain the media shows towards Trump, even when he is doing something that shows compassion.
This 'disdain was born on a faulty premise/
The world is a lot more nuanced that the media echo chamber.
Another ad hominen against the press.

Donald was there for publicity, and not to soothe any mourning family member. You should have never made the poor comparison of Donald at a wake to Biden at a fund-raiser.

Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟584,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He is a law-breaker. He was found liable for fraud, and sexually assaulter of a woman, and had his followers injure over 100 cops on Jan 6th. He is the opposite of law and order, which is chaos. Go ahead and prove any of that wrong.

I never said he did. What he did do is try to show he is pro-police when we all see what he says about the criminals in prison who beat police....he calls them hostages. Deplorable

You did point a finger at him while making a poor comparison, and topped it off with an ad hominem against the press.

This 'disdain was born on a faulty premise/

Another ad hominen against the press.

Donald was there for publicity, and not to soothe any mourning family member. You should have never made the poor comparison of Donald at a wake to Biden at a fund-raiser.
I was not making the comparison, the media was. I was just pointing out the absurdity of the comparison, which you seem to share; but of course you have to bring everything said about Donald Trump back to an anti-Trump rant. I am actually glad you brought up the fraud case. To me it smacks of the worst partisan politics that Biden goes to New York, not his home town to raise millions to try to defeat Trump, while Trump goes to his hometown that has tried to bankrupt him with an incredibly biased prosecution and prevent him from having money to run his campaign, to mourn a fallen police officer. You can try to infer whatever intent you want on these actions; but the actions speak louder than anything I can post here.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,210.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I was not making the comparison, the media was.
Were they? Is there an article to show this as an example?
I was just pointing out the absurdity of the comparison, which you seem to share;
I do, but it looked to me that you were criticizing the media more for disparaging Donald than them making a comparison. I completely disagree when you said Donald's appearance at the wake would have not made news had it not been for Biden's fund-raiser. Donald sneezes and there is publicity, and that is what he wants. There is a blatantly obvious common theme to Donald's actions, and that anytime there is something planned by the democrats or the previous republican events like the debates, Donald somehow would show up in the city and have one of his very own events in an attempt to show them up. This is what the media sees, and it makes news because it is newsworthy. Imagine voting for a person who goes out of his way to make a spectacle of their self for attention and money? As you said, the event for Biden was planned long before the wake, and this is another example of Donald trying to steal the thunder away from others and back onto himself. This is a man with child-like behavior that a third of the country wants to run the country. The media does not need to show the heartlessness of Donald....he proves it almost every day.
but of course you have to bring everything said about Donald Trump back to an anti-Trump rant. I am actually glad you brought up the fraud case.
As you said, the Governor appeared to be courageous and compassionate for attending the wake. Now what would people have thought if she attended the Biden event instead of the wake?

I post anti-Donald rants all the time. I am sure peeps are used to it by now.
To me it smacks of the worst partisan politics that Biden goes to New York, not his home town to raise millions to try to defeat Trump, while Trump goes to his hometown that has tried to bankrupt him with an incredibly biased prosecution and prevent him from having money to run his campaign, to mourn a fallen police officer.
Now, this is a rant. Biden's hometown has 75,000 people in it, and is not where one goes to put on a political event in order to raise large sums of cash. There is only one Radio City Music Hall. Odds are good IMO that Donald would have not gone if there was no Biden event. Donald is to blame for his own financial issues, and blaming others for holding accountable the fraud committed in their state is weak and partisan.

You can try to infer whatever intent you want on these actions; but the actions speak louder than anything I can post here.
The actions were obvious to those who understand Donald.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟584,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Were they? Is there an article to show this as an example?

I do, but it looked to me that you were criticizing the media more for disparaging Donald than them making a comparison. I completely disagree when you said Donald's appearance at the wake would have not made news had it not been for Biden's fund-raiser. Donald sneezes and there is publicity, and that is what he wants. There is a blatantly obvious common theme to Donald's actions, and that anytime there is something planned by the democrats or the previous republican events like the debates, Donald somehow would show up in the city and have one of his very own events in an attempt to show them up. This is what the media sees, and it makes news because it is newsworthy. Imagine voting for a person who goes out of his way to make a spectacle of their self for attention and money? As you said, the event for Biden was planned long before the wake, and this is another example of Donald trying to steal the thunder away from others and back onto himself. This is a man with child-like behavior that a third of the country wants to run the country. The media does not need to show the heartlessness of Donald....he proves it almost every day.

As you said, the Governor appeared to be courageous and compassionate for attending the wake. Now what would people have thought if she attended the Biden event instead of the wake?

I post anti-Donald rants all the time. I am sure peeps are used to it by now.

Now, this is a rant. Biden's hometown has 75,000 people in it, and is not where one goes to put on a political event in order to raise large sums of cash. There is only one Radio City Music Hall. Odds are good IMO that Donald would have not gone if there was no Biden event. Donald is to blame for his own financial issues, and blaming others for holding accountable the fraud committed in their state is weak and partisan.

The actions were obvious to those who understand Donald.
I actually agree with most of what you said here. Even the most avid supporters of Trump have to acknowledge that his behavior is often childish; but I don't think self-promotion or childishness actually prove heartlessness. I also agree that Trump often does counter-programming, which is to me a smart political strategy. I also agree that it is rather sick how the media covers every detail of his life. My issue with how his going to the funeral was covered was how it was painted as Trump using the grief of this family as a counter-programming event. Exactly how could he have done that. This funeral was not planned by Trump, so at best it could be claimed that he was opportunistic. Alternatively, one could say that his presence there brought a national focus on the issues with being a cop in New York City that would not have happened without his presence.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,210.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
My issue with how his going to the funeral was covered was how it was painted as Trump using the grief of this family as a counter-programming event. Exactly how could he have done that. This funeral was not planned by Trump, so at best it could be claimed that he was opportunistic.
Donald was using the grief of this family as a counter-programming event. He has a history of this, so if you believe otherwise then state your case....
Alternatively, one could say that his presence there brought a national focus on the issues with being a cop in New York City that would not have happened without his presence.
He brought national focus on the issues of being a cop when he told his Jan 6th crowd to go to the Capitol and fight for him, and the injured hundreds of cops and a few actually died, and now he calls those supporters as being hostages to cops just doing their job. He did cops no favors by attending a wake.

Upvote 0