Number Of Children Growing Up With Two Parents Rises To 70% For First Time In 30 Years

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,765,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The portion of U.S. children who live with both parents exceeded 70% in 2020, reversing a nearly 30-year-long trend, data shows.

70.4% of children under 18 live in two-parent households, and 63% of minors reside withboth birth parents, according to the Current Population Survey by the U.S. Census Bureau, Institute for Family Studies (ISF) reported.

Some good news:

IFS reported that the number of children growing up in a two parent home increased to over 70 percent for the first time in nearly 30 years pic.twitter.com/30mQX7F7GL

— Ryan James Girdusky (@RyanGirdusky) June 28, 2021

“[T]he proportion of children under 18 living with two parents declined from 88% in 1960 to just over two-thirds in 2005” while “the proportion living with divorced, separated or never-married single parents tripled from 9% to 28%” over the same period, according to ISF.

A reversal in this downward trend started in 2006, improving from 67.3% to 70.4% by 2020, the data indicates. In 2020, the number of children living with a single parent reportedly fell to 25.5%, marking a 25-year-low.

Continued below.
Number Of Children Growing Up With Two Parents Rises To 70% For First Time In 30 Years

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know if I believe that, but if it's true it's great news. I don't see it a lot around here granted, but I live in a particularly boogie part of Florida with a lot of "country drama" (despite it not being the country, but a giant suburban sprawl, but everyone from around here thinks it's "the country" because it's down South). Lots of single mothers that bounce from guy to guy, men that run out on their wives/don't pay child support, that sort of thing.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Great news!

If it's true, it's good news but like I said, I don't really think that I believe it based on how things are in my area. It's almost like being a single mother is incentivized in some cases.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If it's true, it's good news but like I said, I don't really think that I believe it based on how things are in my area. It's almost like being a single mother is incentivized in some cases.

I sure hope it's true, let's be optimistic :)

Upvote 0