Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
64. Far from God

Jesus comes to ease our struggles, to heal from disease:

“Jesus went around to all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and curing every disease and illness.” Matthew, chapter 9, verse 35

There are people looking for the doctor. They fight their illness, they adapt to their disability day after day. But the most destructive disease of which God wishes to heal is unquestionably the closing of our heart, of wanting to keep God’s Love locked in. To imprison Love, to want to deny it and to do everything not to recognize it is the primary cause of our misfortune.

uuuemp2obnqcvf8e6admrwx9nbndow7czk8vnbw.jpg

The person who is truly sick, the ultimate illness, is to shy away from the Love of God. Yet lacking his Love is impossible. Love is. Love remains.

Some people refuse love and they can give the impression that God’s Love doesn’t exist. But evil is always provoked either by us or by other people.

It becomes very sensitive when we experience the prolonged absence of people who care for us. We may have the impression that there’s no love and that it’s only for others. We think we are worthless, especially when we’ve been alone for too long.

Book: Refusing sin

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟147,319.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
65. Being with others

We may not go and meet with others. We live with the “what will they say,” “what will others say about us” and we feel that if we approach them, we will disturb them. We come to think we’re a burden.

It’s a shame to think that way, since loving is never a burden. Even though we are not always perfect, we can learn to be with others. Let’s take steps and learn to trust others, carefully. It’s all about being ourselves and being peaceful.

Paul has a deep wish:
If I am absent in the flesh, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing as I observe your good order and the firmness of your faith in Christ. So, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in him, rooted in him and built upon him and established in the faith as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving. Colossians, chapter 2, verses 5 to 7

adyishscta4gu80y515d1m8el2g58vy4quy6s9n.jpg

Paul offers a good example of faith. Although he knows he’s far from his friends, he wants to reassure them that he is with them wholeheartedly. He reminds us that no one is alone. We think of others and they think of us in a special way through prayer.

Let’s give thanks to God who’s 100% with us. We are united by the will of Love. Jesus gives us the courage to meet people. When we are united with Jesus, then we are fully with others. May we let Jesus totally fill us with his presence.

Jesus surrounded himself with twelve Apostles so as not to be alone. And Jesus wants everyone, without exception, around him to console and bring us to happiness.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟147,319.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
66. We do not listen to God

Here’s a confession of the people:

We did not heed the voice of the Lord, our God, in all the words of the prophets whom he sent us, but each one of us went off after the devices of our own wicked hearts, served other gods, and did evil in the sight of the Lord, our God. Baruch, chapter 1, verses 21 to 22

It’s automatic, whenever people shy away from God’s will, the danger is real to get lost and seek compensation elsewhere.

oyo8wt1yfadergka6xl4oc1h5bopkwukhhozvtw.jpg

God created us (creates), our body, our soul and our spirit. But if our judgment is not in conformity with his, our existence doesn’t always demonstrate what is of God. Even though we have received everything from God, all too often we are not conscious about it. We are then influenced by many ways and many discordant voices that have nothing similar to the will of God.

We are told:

“We have been disobedient to the Lord, our God, and only too ready to disregard his voice.” Baruch, chapter 1, verse 19

We turn easily from the goal and we risk a lot by not planting our roots in God. Let’s go back to our roots, back to the Heart of Jesus.

In order to discern, let’s listen to the voice of the Lord.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟147,319.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
67. Our actions

God’s invitation:

“Wash yourselves clean! Put away your misdeeds from before my eyes; cease doing evil.” Isaiah, chapter 1, verse 16

The central message of the Bible is to stop doing evil and learn to radiate goodness. There are natural foundations for life and we are invited to discover them. Conversion, a return to the Love of God, is to take the narrow path and live the only journey that leads to God’s Heart.

x6iv9mx5g7udjev9k676elndhfm0ja36j7xlr50.jpg

Even if past sins are heavy [with meaning], with God’s forgiveness, we will gradually feel the lightness of the feather. The more feathers we have, the more we can fly to the Kingdom of God.

It’s difficult to watch the snow when it reflects the sun. The same phenomenon occurs when the dry sand of the beach receives and reflects the sun’s rays. Our eyes do not support it.

God’s light is even more powerful than the sun’s glow on snow and sand, but infinitely softer and observable. The light will be bright, but progressive and very respectful for the person who receives and enters into it.

The more we follow Jesus’s recommendations, the more we will decide to follow him, the more we’ll become confident disciples. We will want to gradually enter God’s Heart and follow his will. Let’s pray for all humans to be taught by Jesus.

This light is Jesus’s testimony to all. What we need to do is to recognize that we are servants and allow Jesus to be the master of our lives. May his light spread over all humans and into them.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟147,319.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
68. God is here

“Cast away from you all the crimes you have committed, and make for yourselves a new heart and a new spirit.” Ezekiel, chapter 18, verse 31

Let’s ask Jesus to clean our heart and free it from all the little undesirable teachings we collect. May Jesus become the only Master of our heart, our thoughts and of our life.

“You, Lord, give light to my lamp; my God brightens the darkness about me.” Psalm 18, verse 29

vbunqz2wxpz8t1evopqp7j0op59j5emp20vy2dq.jpg

Yes:
“Lord, hear my prayer; let my cry come to you. Do not hide your face from me now that I am in distress. Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly.” Psalm 102, verses 2 to 3

When we are in deep distress, we often feel that there is no one who can help. We also feel our helplessness. Sometimes we meet someone and he question in this way, “How are you?” and we become more anxious. We seem confronted over and over again by the same question. And we say to ourselves: “Yet people should see it or know that we are not doing well!”

Here, in the passage of the Psalm that we have brought up, the feeling is quite the same. We believe that God is not aware of what we’re going through. By saying, “Lord, hear my prayer,” we hope he will hear. But the Lord hears very well. He knows. Even if the people don’t see or feel our distress, God knows and he sees it. He understands and supports us already.

It’s normal to seek God in times of unease. That’s what we do, of course. It would be better to learn to trust God more, before discomfort occurs. Let’s reserve time every day, when we are healthy and when we are sick too. We will have greater certainty that he is present with us and we will feel his consolation. We will know that he is with us.

Just thinking about God is already a wise move. Let’s give him a few minutes. Then, for God to tame us, let’s come back often to meet with him.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟147,319.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
69. To manipulate

The difficulty for people in authority who are afraid of losing their place, mostly their ideal, is to manipulate their surroundings. They will find the means to be the “ones”. To remain at the top, they will provoke and bring down the person who seems to contradict them. This is happening with Jesus and also with Jeremiah. God asks Jeremiah to speak on his behalf to the crowd:
They have forsaken me and alienated this place by burning in it incense to strange gods which neither they nor their fathers knew; and the kings of Judah have filled this place with the blood of the innocent. Jeremiah, chapter 19, verse 4

eyfqfdgo1kz7lsoyj4dto1gldw0t891c6hdez1h.jpg

After Jeremiah describes the people’s attitude, he hears the murmur that threatens him:
“‘Terror on every side! Denounce! let us denounce him!’ All those who were my friends are on the watch for any misstep of mine. ‘Perhaps he will be trapped; then we can prevail, and take our vengeance on him.’” Jeremiah, chapter 20, verse 10

Jeremiah understands and feels that his remarks shock people. They are not listening. They do not seek to understand the urgency included in his message. Jeremiah listens to the Lord and does everything to help the people, but they do not listen to the Lord. They are withdrawing from God.

These people have lost their judgment because they try to subject God to their ideas. They lack charity toward Jeremiah. They are not at peace and they think they are right to be that way. They want to trap him who seems to be disturbing.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟147,319.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
70. The facts announce God

Jesus is caught in the middle of a situation. He administers wellness, he warns against evil, and some want to stone him. Jesus encounters incomprehension:
“The Jews again picked up rocks to stone him. Jesus answered them, ‘I have shown you many good works from my Father. For which of these are you trying to stone me?’” John, chapter 10, verses 31 to 32

We know all the good works that Jesus did. He has multiplied them. We can read or reread the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, to discover or rediscover them.

sfd3t6a9bmxcgbjcavokur4muzjom0snxn320ik.jpg

People are stuck in their hearts and they don’t let the light through. They fear losing control over situations, over the people and they fear Jesus. They have trouble to align themselves properly.

These people answer him:
“We are not stoning you for a good work but for blasphemy. You, a man, are making yourself God.” John, chapter 10, verse 33

The reason they want to stone Jesus is that they think he thinks he is God. And yet, absolutely all the signs that Jesus did describe God, also describe the values of life. Forgiveness, justice, great love, mercy are signs and facts that Jesus is God. Jesus doesn’t think he’s God, he doesn’t propose himself to be God, he is God.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟147,319.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
71. The lie

To think that God is blaspheming, to think that God is lying is the ultimate lie of too many people in Jesus’s days and this is still happening now. It is written and still today people think that Jesus is not God.

The person distorts reality by slipping away from Jesus. He comes to not even recognize that Jesus is God. The remoteness from God removes the person from believing in him. He loses sense of reality and the meaning of God.

It’s not surprizing that some people responsible of the Temple want to stone Jesus, with their incomprehension, their loss of meaning, to the point of thinking that Jesus blasphemes.

b9h42qqdfvv23eftaee1xg80xwmk30bdeqs6elh.jpg

Let’s find Jesus in our heart, in our life, let’s keep him close by. This is the only way to recognize Jesus. Let’s continue our walk with Jesus to the cross. Let’s take advantage today to free ourselves from the evil that we carry and give it to Jesus, so that he may cleanse and save us too. May we recognize him as he is.

May Jesus guide and encourage us to discover the misunderstanding of people toward him. This will help us to hand everyone to him. He wants to heal them. Jesus came to bear the burden of the sins of the world. Let’s let him take upon himself our evil and our sins. Only Jesus can bear it and give peace.

Let’s get out of pride and egoism that electrify lies. And let’s walk with him to the victory of Love over evil, hatred, despair, God’s victory over satan, the victory of our liberation and salvation in Jesus Christ, God and Lord.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟147,319.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
72. God’s authority

What a beautiful passage:

“Since in this way I have profited, I will give my teacher grateful praise.” Sirach, chapter 51, verse 17

Let’s acknowledge that everything that has been accomplished in beauty, truth, good and reality during our life has not happened by chance.

We did not create wisdom. We did not invent love. We did not think our intelligence. Let’s face the facts and recognize that all talents, values, gifts, charisms and graces come exclusively from the Lord.

Let’s also recognize that the wisdom of God has been given us to receive him. If God had not allowed receiving him, we would be like a cloth that has no interest, no will, no movement.

Yes, there are still people who think that they are the only kings of their lives, that they have given themselves everything and that they can even stand above Jesus. Temple officials question Jesus:

“By what authority are you doing these things? Or who gave you this authority to do them?” Mark, chapter 11, verse 28

r77iz8xg8bngepawiz5dget437xf68w4q9qrirs.jpg

Strange question indeed. It is still possible today to have this question: “By what authority do you do that?” It’s as if we’d say, “Jesus, I do not know you, and what you do is a lie.”

Jesus has just healed a person. And it is acknowledged that only God can heal in his name. Yet Jesus keeps reminding us that he’s healing in his name. They only need to open their eyes. Jesus healed a person before them.

Jesus, we do not recognize your authority. Jesus, we question ourselves to know if you are really God. Yet there is a multitude of signs in the world right now that are from you.

We need to see clearly and accept that you are truly God and Lord. Without you we are lost, without you we have no real life or soul. Without you we exist not.

We need to recognize that you are God Jesus, the Lord of our life.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟147,319.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
73. God is with us

Jeremiah, from the beginning of his ministry, as soon as he works with God, he understands him, since he’s with him:

“I knew it because the Lord informed me; at that time you, O Lord, showed me their doings.” Jeremiah, chapter 11, verse 18

The Lord informs and guides us. He is with us when we are with him. From then on, the Lord teaches us, as he informs Jeremiah.

Are we listening like the prophet Jeremiah? Too often, we do not feel that Jesus is close. Too often, too, we are busy elsewhere. Jesus cannot speak to us if we aren’t in a listening state.

dq7rzr1sgoevasyn96xgjabwbo03xz3wtcm9az9.jpg

If we are not listening to Jesus, we enter a risky zone. For Jesus alone can really teach us about himself.

We are, ourselves, a mystery when we do not understand God. The Lord is not a mystery. The greatest mystery is that we are not listening to him.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟147,319.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
74. Jesus is the target

Some people from the temple want to stop Jesus. They closed their hearts. They are convinced that he isn’t God:

“The guards went to the chief priests and pharisees, who asked them, ‘Why did you not bring him?’ The guards answered, ‘Never before has anyone spoken like this one.’” John, chapter 7, verses 45 to 46

The guards hear reason. They find no reason to stop Jesus, because they know that Jesus did nothing wrong.

Still, the temple officials will insist and plan Jesus’s capture. Nicodemus questions them:

“Does our law condemn a person before it first hears him and finds out what he is doing?” John, chapter 7, verse 51

Nicodemus seeks to rescue Jesus, but some of them don’t want to listen. When we are convinced that a person is false, even wrongly and because of false rumours and conscience manipulation, even if the person is fundamentally authentic, the door closes on the truthfulness of this person.

8ljdufkup6tvp337yezre85t32b8hoby47k37rn.jpg

Then, they develop obscure ways to crucify Jesus. And that’s how, in the world, so many people are crushed, disfigured, so many people are persecuted, abused, killed. It is the same sin that is constantly repeated, because some people are not listening. They do not reflect and observe, hear and understand. Collective prejudice causes death.

Our prayer can help to make a difference, so that people be spared from the deafness of others. But sometimes even our good intentions are not enough because of their heart’s closure. May God be known for who he is. God is completely natural and real for humans.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟147,319.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
75. We scream to the Lord

To this demand:
“Graciously rescue me, God! Come quickly to help me, Lord!” Psalm 70, verse 1

Let’s add:
“I waited, waited for the Lord; who bent down and heard my cry.” Psalm 40, verse 2

This cry is the realization that we are sinners, since we think that God is not around. The cry helps in recognizing that we are making too much effort that leads to nothing and that we do not let ourselves be Loved by God or by others.

This cry is also about thinking that we can manage everything on our own, that we can manipulate for our popularity, that we can go so far as to hurt others.

bib7iz9tuuti6ozbm9djgonitnw4lc6cw90lwh8.jpg

Let’s not wait. Let’s accept the Lord’s truth, fully. He will free us from harm, since he hears our cry. Better still, he had heard our inner complaint before our cry.

God separates within us evil from good to elevate peace anew from our baptism:
“He drew me out of the pit of destruction, out of the mud of the swamp, set my feet upon rock, steadied my steps.” Psalm 40, verse 3

When we are drawn from the mud and placed on the rock, it is God who embraces and establishes us in a safe place.

With confidence (faith), may God take us in his arms as the child lets himself be embraced by his parents. May the truth of God filter our being to remove the residue of evil.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟147,319.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
76. The rule of Love

God is Love and his Love contains a Law:
“Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God.” 1 John, chapter 4, verse 7

A person who has a grudge or hatred is invited to do an examination of conscience. Why is he like this? Well, it’s because he is like that or has he become like that? Is it because he himself did not receive love from people or did not discover the Love of God?

It’s very difficult to define someone’s fault. This is why we are invited to let this person observe himself before God. The person who did some harm is the only one who can figure out what led him there. This harm comes either from him or caused by another person. He did not receive this evil from God.

We are invited to perform an examination of conscience before God. Jesus invites us to receive faith by inviting him into our life. The faith that will abound in us will help better understand the more difficult situations.

The Love of God is the rule of love between people. Let’s give the people back to God, even if they are unfair to us, even if we don’t understand everything.

Let’s put ourselves in Jesus’s hands, so that his Love will lead us to a new conversion. And gradually, we will obtain lights to become better, to better understand.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟147,319.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
77. Indispensable Love

Love is abused and very often refused. If God is Love, why does it seem there’s lack of love on earth?

Believing in God, transforming our way of life, returning to a heart to Heart with God, so that his Love flows freely within us, is indispensable.

Otherwise, we block God’s Love and without a compass we drift away. The implications of misleading ourselves or not following Jesus are many. The risk is to have difficulty returning to him.

j4j8ob2x6b5oqxac7somikli605fmxpnzbwjwul.jpg

The only compass we can trust is the Love of God. Jesus invites us to welcome and follow him to truly live within his Love. We are also encouraged to humbly find our place before God.

May we be persons who are signs of Christ present among our contemporaries, to help them receive the Love of God.

Book: Let’s Love God

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟147,319.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
78. God's Kingdom

Paul gives us a very beautiful message:

“For we are his handiwork, created in Christ Jesus for the good works that God has prepared in advance, that we should live in them.” Ephesian, chapter 2, verse 10

“We are his handiwork, created in Christ Jesus.” How powerful, just these few words!

zadubjf7t0rf7xloryyenvmjx25qyhvxrg7kxln.jpg

We usually live in a house and we always come back to the house. Our real home is in Jesus Christ. We are true when we establish ourselves in him.

Mary and all the saints are also in the Kingdom of God and they watch over us helping us constantly to get closer to Jesus. Everything is there, now, freely offered, to lead us in Jesus.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0

Normandt

Aug 3, 2020
Quebec
✟147,319.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

79. Dehumanized thinking

This is a reflection that God proposes to Job. It can also feed our thoughts. The Lord addresses Job from the midst of his personal storm:

“Who is this that obscures divine plans with words of ignorance?” Job, chapter 38, verse 2

Jesus showed us, when he passed into our world, how we disfigure God. We risk being upset when we chase God away. We expose ourselves to lose a lot when we back away from him.

upload_2020-9-7_7-50-43.png

We observe humans, we fall into the faults and sins of the past to such an extent that we come to think God is like us. We hear it everywhere. This one is like that, that one is like this. Why should I follow people in the Church if they are not able to be charitable, to be happy?

We believe that by observing the human being, we see God there. But it’s a little simpler than that. The human being is not God. So, it’s impossible for a human to be perfect either in the world or in the Church.

It will always be easy to find some fault with someone, but let’s not put that fault on God’s back.

We should be responsible in the faith to understand that a fault, a human who sin is contrary to the reality of God. God has created us Love, but we have trouble sharing and receiving it.

Normand Thomas

Upvote 0